The Everton Board Thread

I think this is a PR own goal for the club but in practice will not change what is going to happen i.e a new board , a new chairman and more new faces on the board at the behest of MSP.

The important word for these appointments is INTERIM. They are put in place probably to comply with company law and are not regarded as long term appointments.
I have seen the names suggested as people joining the board but I feel the MSP appointees will be people we have never heard of and will represent the interest of MSP even more than those of the club.

Moshiri joining the board means nothing as he had to rubber stamp every important decision anyway.

Bill Kenwright will not be chairman for the first game of the new season imo. He could not attend games since the beginning of this year and opinion of him has not softened... that will be well understood by BK , Moshiri and MSP.

They, imo, put a noose around their own neck by removing the directors and not appointing the interim replacements immediately. They could have then said there would be further permanent changes to the board later in the summer and the position of the chairman was to be reviewed. The promise of news in 48 was plain stupid.

The whole affair has been a PR disaster again.

I've personally no issue with Kenwright. His position as Chairman is not the reason for us being crap at football.

Be careful what you wish for. In a sport that's rapidly going down the pan, whilst selling its soul to whichever corporation/sovereign wealth fund bids highest, I think it's actually quite nice to have an Evertonian as head of the board. Whether he's a bit of an egotistic bell or not.

I'm prepared for a lot of middle fingers here, but that's ok, I guess they're all from bigger bloos than me.
That bit I’ve highlighted.

That’s what Tory followers told us prior to the last GE.

He tried to move us to Kirkby.
He has pulled numerous stunts to stay in power.
He forced out our greatest ever young talent who went on to become a legend for man United.

I mean I’m not quite sure how we could wish for a worst chairman in all honesty.

Escaped relegation twice, had the chance to fix things at board level and the club doubles down.

We won't be third time lucky.
...Or will we... depends on your definition of luck and the real outcome.
Not that I would ever want to see us relegated!
As long as we continue to survive, albeit barely, these incompetents will cling on to power it seams.
They are truly self centred, self aggrandising fools!

Woke up to the stories breaking over the investment coming in. Great stuff we'll have a new board in place & finally the club can take steps to heal itself.

Then BANG
BLACK FRIDAY hit us.

As a club with a history of very bad decision making this is right on par with the ridiculous decision to hire Benitez.

I wish I had a different view on the Club that I could just shrug it off & walk away just like my lad has.

I REALLY HATE THIS CLUB.