Summer transfer window 2023

I wont lie out of the strikers on @Zatara ‘s list Toure is the one i want least but ofc ill still take him.
My order is:
Balogun
Wahi
Toure

If we really have 40 million to spend then i dont know why we havent gone for the other 2 who have scored more and lack the injury issues and are generally seen as bigger prospects

You left off Jonathan David :)

If it was me, I'd be after him as 1st choice.

However, two negativez with Wahi...something about a young girl and also hes not done it outside of France -- Balogun also only France.

David has done it in Belgium + France and of course Toure in France and Spain.

If we had €40m to spend on one striker then we should not be doing that and signing 2-3 forwards instead.

This makes no sense to me. I think ive been saying for a while, go big on less players.

Our mess is in part to signing lots of players £15-30mil instead of fewer £30mil+.

Based on mins on the pitch he scored 7 goals in 14, 1 in 2 for a 21 year old. Yes please.

This Sacha fella had confirmed collins signing for brentford a week ago too, just now announced.

The boy played 33 games worth of mins in France and scored 9 goals + 5 assists so almost 1 goal or assist every 2 games.

Moves to Spain and 14 games worth of mins 7 goals 2 assists

Its very impressive for 2 small clubs.

We shouldn't be spending 40m on anyone this summer. We need multiple forwards and I don't see any players we can attract for 40m that will be value in the market.

I think he'd actually make a brilliant winger too, so i am assuming theres also another CF incoming if we make sales.

But weve clearly been tracking him well over 12months as we were linked a year ago too. So i would assume Thelwell rates him very highly.

Surely rather him than 3 cheap punts....

If true, which is a big if.

Would iamgine a club like Almeira would take a structured deal. Guaranteed £6m per year for 5 years.

Helps us for the books that way.

Apparently 3 installments.

40m is pretty big money for one so young and short of games. That better not be all the pot. If we're confident he can hit the ground running then sure, but I'd still like to see 1 or even 2 more lower risk types to come in too like those championship strikers we've been linked with.

Similar profile to Onana.

Seems weve met the release clause, if so we have just made our first signing of the summer

if they accept installments.

It goes some way to explaining his goals per game ratio - seems to prefer a pass to a shot on most attacks.

How so? His goals to games is excellent.

He’s fast, I’ll give him that.

But he does not look like a good footballer

I think he looks excellent. With enormous potential for a counter attacking team.

Genuine question for those that watch La Liga, is El Bilal Toure any good? Might have seen him come off the bench a couple of times for Reims but don't recall him doing anything.

Just watched his highlights video and it was mostly him being strong and making simple lay-offs. Not much to suggest he is worth €40m.

Not been following Almeria but saw highlights (especially) of Atletico and Barcelona. Only registered any interest as we were linked last summer.

I put his stats up in my last post but on France it was just under 1goal/assist every 2 games and Spain its higher.

If he joined and hit those numbers he'd be a £60mil+ player.

As with Moise Kean, it's a big outlay but I don't think we lose that much money if hes not what we hoped for and sell him on.

This is the type of transfer we should be making, like Onana last year.
100%.

Yeah exactly this for me. Toure seems fine enough, certainly far from the worst idea we've ever had, but it is just so much money for a club without any.

If he becomes the next Thierry Henry i doubt you would see it that way.

….we were linked with Bilal about a month ago & I liked him then so I like him now.

A decent striker and I think we’ll be ok, that’s how important it is.
I posted the names of:
Jonathan David
Balogun
Wahi
El Bilal Toure

As the 4 i'd like us to focus on especially...all young, incredibly fast and decent scoring/assist ratios.

Obviously hes a centre forward (they all are) but each of these types can also play out wide which i think is a big advantage for a counter attacking side.

I haven't seen us linked to any CBs.

We were linked to Adam Wharton (CM) amd then his brother a few days ago Scott who is a centre back -- Maupay or Simms swap deal.

Yeh but why would Almeria agree to a lower fee than the release clause in installments.

Depends on how much they think someone else will pay for him. If no one else is willing to trigger the release clause, and the most they would offer is 30m, Almeria make 4m by agreeing to it. If someone else triggers the release clause then they wouldn't obviously.

In my years of utterly wasting my life playing Football Manager I think release clauses generally mean 1 payment of the clause, they're obligated to let him go for that, like what happened with Chelsea with Kepa and PSG with Neymar, however I don't think they're obligated to accept a structured deal at that price so that's probably the sticking price. Was it Pepe at Arsenal where they paid more than the release clause just so they could structure it better? Think this will probably be the same situation or at least similar.

Remember, in Spain its legally required for players to have a release clause.

Some are hundreds of millions and it doesnt necessarily mean that those figures are the minimum clubs would accept.

I think Almeria would be very happy with the offer and the payment terms if over 3 years.

I know the Logan's run youth focused crew on here would balk on buying Rodrigo as there's no sale value , but absolutely would be keen on him joining everton as he scores goals an can play on the wings very richie like in his style and something we missed last year

He’d be quality so long as he is not the only incoming forward.

Why though? We got Dyche, he's talking about Dyche, Dyche is a relevant part of the history and future of this club. A theoretical managerial choice that didn't happen, isn't. You're transparently wanting him to say another name so you can ridicule it. That's the aggression he's referring to. You rate Dyche, he doesn't. That's the story here.
You are making the call that I'd ridicule his choice, whereas I have no idea who was available at that time as for months I had no internet access. I was more interested in his assertion that foreign managers have taken over at clubs outside the top level of the Prem and had success. Can you think of one? I honestly can't. I'm not over the moon at having Dyche,but think he should with decent backing keep us in the Prem until Moshiri can sell BM. Oh and so I don't get my wrist slapped for going off topic.
Think we should give him a wide berth.

I think he looks excellent. With enormous potential for a counter attacking team.

Not been following Almeria but saw highlights (especially) of Atletico and Barcelona. Only registered any interest as we were linked last summer.

I put his stats up in my last post but on France it was just under 1goal/assist every 2 games and Spain its higher.

If he joined and hit those numbers he'd be a £60mil+ player.

100%.

If he becomes the next Thierry Henry i doubt you would see it that way.

I posted the names of:
Jonathan David
Balogun
Wahi
El Bilal Toure

As the 4 i'd like us to focus on especially...all young, incredibly fast and decent scoring/assist ratios.

Obviously hes a centre forward (they all are) but each of these types can also play out wide which i think is a big advantage for a counter attacking side.

We were linked to Adam Wharton (CM) amd then his brother a few days ago Scott who is a centre back -- Maupay or Simms swap deal.

ffs have a day off from your fantasy footy