2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m not sure he will be either, not unless we can make our money back at least.

New starting striker with DCL, maupay and cannon. Allows rotation to keep people fit, means less pressure on maupay to lead the line (which he wasn’t signed by us to do but ended up doing). And potentially means we can use him in a similar way to Brighton did (which worked), depending on the style Dyche wants to play.
exactly like keane etc no chance of us making are money back best we can hope for is the everton special loan till his contract runs out

If he was at another team, would you buy him to fill that striker gap? Because I don’t think he’d be topping any lists of potential improvements to our squad. He’s not a young prospect, he’s a decent (and proven) Championship striker.
Genuinely would think hard about buying him for 8m. I'd have preferred he got the whole season in the championship actually playing first.

His absence convinces me more he was just working for Bill lol
He always just laughed it off without answering

Does tell me Bill knows he's lost the PR battle though which is a good thing though he still lingers

Think some of them get free tickets and will defend him to their dying breath, no matter how low Everton fall. Two absolutely desperate relegation battles on the trott and they still think, ( I use that word loosely) that he is blameless.

you could have signed him, loaned him out for almost said salary. Coventry is decent and has good midfield they could make him look good. if he gets hot for a month or two his value doubles.

or we could have kept him instead given that our other 2 strikers are Mr. Glass and Gollum.

The kid is a prodigy. Seems madness to let him go.

Can only see method in the madness if there is a buyback clause, so we can buy him back when we're more financially settled at BMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.