Summer transfer window 2023

I'm not advocating Maguire ( or Keane ) but if you have a slow defender they are suited to a low block and counter attacking.
I'd disagree on the counter attack remark ,you need a quick thinking defender to play the early ball to spring the counter.Most if not all of the Prems slower CDs are also slow thinkers Those who can play the early ball cost the type of money we don't have sadly.

Who would you prefer if you had the choice:

Kamaldeen Sulemana
Wilfried Gnonto
Samuel Iling-Junior
Gnonto, Iling, Sulemana

Gnonto is the standout with a year in the PL and international caps, and looks a potentially electric player. But Iling-Junior being a bit bigger and while maybe not as lightning quick maybe could be more of an all rounder and does seem a bit more Dyche-y. I wouldn't object to Sulemana either but slight doubts whether he's much more than a pace guy, also the fact that he'd likely be a loan means I'd rather we got one of the longer term investments.

Kamaldeen Sulemana
Wilfried Gnonto
Samuel Iling-Junior
Do you know what, I've been pondering that myself. I've seen a lot of Gnonto because of my mate being a huge Leeds fan and my gut feeling is that he'll be a star. Of course, we should have been in for him a year ago when Leeds signed him for €4m.

I've always loved Sulemana and he carries the ball so well. Got the potential to be a real star. My issue with the proposed deal with Southampton is that a loan with no option doesn't solve the problem moving forward and if there is an option, we will likely have to massively overpay having missed out on him in Jan. I'm sure I read somewhere that there's a 20% sell on clause for Rennes. So, that would likely put any deal in the £40m bracket 😬. And I'm not an advocate of just loaning players for that position, as we'll already have an issue if Danjuma does well and we want to keep him. Plus, as unlikely as it is, you cannot rule out us getting a transfer ban too.

Not seen much of Iling-Junior. Looks the business. Likely the cheapest option on a permanent, but you would still be talking €25m and he has the least professional football experience of the group.

Maybe if we’d not allegedly paid £7m to the miserably failed, and sacked board members, the 2m would be easy enough to overcome.
Tbf. If there's any truth to it, we're meant to be getting a £1m loan fee from PNE for Cannon, so you'd be most of the way there. Even ignoring the quality of the source and Everton's tendency to do odd things and our lack of cash, it doesn't seem logical that such a small amount of money in football terms would prevent a deal.

not sure how legit
Was signing then didnt want to come and now is 2 mill apart. Leeds dont play till sunday so will be interesting to see if the lad starts or not. Does look like the club have him as the first choice out wide

Gnonto, Iling, Sulemana

Gnonto is the standout with a year in the PL and international caps, and looks a potentially electric player. But Iling-Junior being a bit bigger and while maybe not as lightning quick maybe could be more of an all rounder and does seem a bit more Dyche-y. I wouldn't object to Sulemana either but slight doubts whether he's much more than a pace guy, also the fact that he'd likely be a loan means I'd rather we got one of the longer term investments.

Yeah im torn between Gnonto and Iling Junior as a permanent transfer.

This will seem like hyperbole but looking at Gnonto (youtube only really) he looks a throwback to those number 10s who were 'all action'. Meaning, were rapid, high octane and would be 'outside of the box' in terms of passing and creativity.

Whether he ends up being that player i dont know.

Iling Junior looms more of a winger who hugs the touchline in comparison and having played left wing back at Juventus could perhaps be moulded into an attacking left back...looks a bit like a Lee Sharpe type from what ive seen.

Very hard to decide which one would be the better option. Or who has the greater potenrial due to Gnonto having the superior CV but Iling Junior having perhaps the best grounding at Chelsea and Juventus.

As for Sulemana...would be a great loan with an option.

If we're going down the massive grock route this might be an interest we revive (I am not advocating for it).

Was rated highly a few years ago strange they seem to be letting him go.

Kamaldeen Sulemana
Wilfried Gnonto
Samuel Iling-Junior

Why would a 19 year old italian international reject a premier league move and more money?

Makes no sense.
Gnonto for me just think is a good move for us if we can get him at a good price. Does not look like is alot of teams after him, whatever leeds fans say or others would be a good move for him a chance to step up from leeds and show his quality like rich. Think dyche would help him improve as we will be using out on the wings as the main threat in this team

Do you know what, I've been pondering that myself. I've seen a lot of Gnonto because of my mate being a huge Leeds fan and my gut feeling is that he'll be a star. Of course, we should have been in for him a year ago when Leeds signed him for €4m.

I've always loved Sulemana and he carries the ball so well. Got the potential to be a real star. My issue with the proposed deal with Southampton is that a loan with no option doesn't solve the problem moving forward and if there is an option, we will likely have to massively overpay having missed out on him in Jan. I'm sure I read somewhere that there's a 20% sell on clause for Rennes. So, that would likely put any deal in the £40m bracket 😬. And I'm not an advocate of just loaning players for that position, as we'll already have an issue if Danjuma does well and we want to keep him. Plus, as unlikely as it is, you cannot rule out us getting a transfer ban too.

Not seen much of Iling-Junior. Looks the business. Likely the cheapest option on a permanent, but you would still be talking €25m and he has the least professional football experience of the group.

Not sure on the numbers but if the option would be £40mil for Sulemana then so be it. We'd ony trigger an option if the player was performing at that level anyway and alot can change in a season.

I think if were just short of the Gnonto fee that would make it £17-18mil...Iling Junior has been mooted as anywhere from £10-22mil since January so hard to know what it would end up at.

If we could move out Gray and Iwobi then we could have our pick...but as i wrote in the last post above, id see Gnonto as a 10 and Iling Junior as the wide player.

Not sure on the numbers but if the option would be £40mil for Sulemana then so be it. We'd ony trigger an option if the player was performing at that level anyway and alot can change in a season.

I think if were just short of the Gnonto fee that would make it £17-18mil...Iling Junior has been mooted as anywhere from £10-22mil since January so hard to know what it would end up at.

If we could move out Gray and Iwobi then we could have our pick...but as i wrote in the last post above, id see Gnonto as a 10 and Iling Junior as the wide player.
There's no world where we spend 40 million quid on Sulemana.

Was signing then didnt want to come and now is 2 mill apart. Leeds dont play till sunday so will be interesting to see if the lad starts or not. Does look like the club have him as the first choice out wide
He'll play anyway until any deal is done. They need to get back to the PL and they have a lot of injuries. Seems to me from rumours at the Leeds end that they would like to keep him but, could also use some transfer income and expect him to be one of the most likely to go.

So, I really wouldn't read anything into him playing. He'll play until a deal is agreed.