Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just no balance anywhere in the team

CB's are far too slow and passive.

FB's offer no attacking threat from outwide.

DM can't sit and protect the back 4 as he wants to press high up

Wide players that aren't suited to playing wide

ST doesn't want to be a striker

We all know we're crap but it's hard not to point fingers at Dyche for selecting a completely unbalanced side.
He should have one of Gana and Onana sitting and one moving up to support Doucs and Danjuma. Gana and Onana move in a line as a pair though and just leave space between them and the back line. It’s how Villa started their moves a few times, including the goal I think.

Young off, Mykolenko on
Gueye off, Dobbin on
Doucoure off, Maupay on

442, Garner and Onana in the middle

Danjuma and Maupay up top, Iwobi and Dobbin out wide, or switch Dobbin and Danjuma

This is the real problem, same with Young on the other side as well. It looks bad because it’s giving Digne the freedom of the right hand side but they are obviously being told to do it.
Not like Digne is an unknown either, more than half this team have played with him and know his quality on crosses

Painful and I suspect more pain in the 2nd half.
Would rather see Patterson hooked as Digne is exploiting him. Put Garner right back, Danjuma right wing and bring Cannon on. What have we to lose.
Utterly boring tactics, 1 shot on target and should be 3 or 4 down.

Going to be a long season again
I don't think it will be a long season
We will be down by xmas

Been rubbish so far, could have been 3-0.
Looking at the teams think Villa have better players in the majority of positions. If we were swapping players, I would probably only keep, Tarkowski and Gana from our starting 11

Status
Not open for further replies.