Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too early to panic

35 games and 105 points still available this season

I thought the die was cast this time last year after we lost our two opening games without an EFC player scoring a goal then drew at hime to Forest.

Sadly, I wasn’t wrong then and a horrendous season ensued.

And we were one point better off then than now.

If we lose at Blades next week it will be full on panic mode on here….and with some justification IMO.

With our brave chairman being taken ill and all, I really thought the lads would have dug deeper into their lockers to win one for Big Billy Blue Boy...

I am to understand that if we scored first, the lads would have taken their shirts off to reveal vests with the message: 'Oh Chairman, my chairman!' written on it.

And they all would have choreographed a chorus line of the Can-Can dance to celebrate the goal for him. Looks like we missed a treat lads.

The better team again but nothing to show for it. Gilt edges chances missed again. Think we just need one to go in off someone's arse and then we'll have no trouble, but the longer it goes in the more we'll keep snatching.

Genuinely think Goodison is cursed.

Trying to stay positive but lord give me strength.

I was having a lovely day. Nice breakfast, missus was doing stuff so I watched Paddington 2, which I'd never watched, and which was lovely. Funny and heartwarming. Then I listened to some music and read some Superior Spider-Man. Which, alongside Paddington may imply I'm about 12 and married. Couple of beers, missus drives me to County Road. We talk about The Style Council. Sun was shining, what a great day to be alive.

Then I get my season ticket out :(
Hardly been a Long Hot Summer has it?

Pretty woeful deadball delivery again today. Why is it that a professional football player can not consistently deliver a ball where they want it to go? Surely it is not that difficult? They do practice don’t they 🤷‍♂️

Pretty woeful deadball delivery again today. Why is it that a professional football player can not consistently deliver a ball where they want it to go? Surely it is not that difficult? They do practice don’t they 🤷‍♂️
Football is weird like that. You can practise anything else for years and master it. Guitar, violin, racing, programming. Whatever it is. A person will be consistently good at it after investing thousands of hours into it. But footballers, people who have spent years training to kick a ball, consistently muck up kicking a ball.

With our brave chairman being taken ill and all, I really thought the lads would have dug deeper into their lockers to win one for Big Billy Blue Boy...

I am to understand that if we scored first, the lads would have taken their shirts off to reveal vests with the message: 'Oh Chairman, my chairman!' written on it.

And they all would have choreographed a chorus line of the Can-Can dance to celebrate the goal for him. Looks like we missed a treat lads.
Oh is he sick again??

I thought the die was cast this time last year after we lost our two opening games without an EFC player scoring a goal then drew at hime to Forest.

Sadly, I wasn’t wrong then and a horrendous season ensued.

And we were one point better off then than now.

If we lose at Blades next week it will be full on panic mode on here….and with some justification IMO.
I remember that Forest game we were awful. Hardly deserved a point.

Looked the more dangerous side. Created some clear chances that with a proper goalscorer, we would have won.

We're not too far away and given we had 6-7 players out, I'm not as worried as I was last Sunday. Add Beto and hopefully one more and I think we'll do enough to be ok.

Controversial but I worry about Young. His set pieces were dreadful, his clearance leading up to the goal was awful and players go past him too easily. Not sure what the answer is as I am not a fan of Mykolenko either. Tierney on loan would have been good.

Looked the more dangerous side. Created some clear chances that with a proper goalscorer, we would have won.

We're not too far away and given we had 6-7 players out, I'm not as worried as I was last Sunday. Add Beto and hopefully one more and I think we'll do enough to be ok.

Controversial but I worry about Young. His set pieces were dreadful, his clearance leading up to the goal was awful and players go past him too easily. Not sure what the answer is as I am not a fan of Mykolenko either. Tierney on loan would have been good.
Young has been awful the last 2 games

Oh is he sick again??
If you read the Kenwright thread, apparently so...

Just in time in time for the closing days of the transfer window. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

He has one of those old fashion fainting couches in his office at our headquarters.

And while he was busy with his PA yesterday, he pulled out his embroidered handkerchief, daintily placed the back of his wrist to his forehead and swooned over onto the couch saying: 'Oh good heavens! I seem to be little light-headed. Please be so kind as to call me an ambulance my dear.'

So, yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.