New Everton Stadium Discussion

How would I go about finding that?

Near the end of the article shows an overlay of Kirkby cross section and a roof-modified mainstand. All the dimensions aren't on it but it shows that the back row of the kirkby stadium was only sightly higher than the back row of the top balcony, but over 20m further away from the pitch. I did use the full original cross sections elsewhere but can't remember what for. They should be still around.

Near the end of the article shows an overlay of Kirkby cross section and a roof-modified mainstand. All the dimensions aren't on it but it shows that the back row of the kirkby stadium was only sightly higher than the back row of the top balcony, but over 20m further away from the pitch. I did use the full original cross sections elsewhere but can't remember what for. They should be still around.
Am I right in saying the club were peddling the line that the Kirkby stadium was based on Colognes stadium?

When chester fc moved to there new stadium few years back they built B&Q on the the old stadium at seland Road
And down one of the isle in the store is a marker where the centre spot use to be
Don’t lots of clubs do things like this
at spurs new ground, there is a plague on the concourse in the south stand where the centre spot used to be

Don’t lots of clubs do things like this
at spurs new ground, there is a plague on the concourse in the south stand where the centre spot used to be
Building a stadium is a once in a century undertaking.

I guess most English clubs have built new in recent years or are due. Probably why it seems commonplace lately.

I wonder if we could sell the last season at Goodison for a show on Amazon/Netflix, that would offset some of the loss if we never moved mid-season. They could include test event at BMD and the season finale show that will no doubt be immense.

Some great work in there Tom 👏 👍

They're points I've heard from many people Jacko so I'm sure some will completely agree with you.

For me personally, I love it for a lot of the things you mention you don't.

I've always loved the walk up to the ground (and I've walked up to it from all different directions depending where I've lived. The moment it catches my eye, an adrenalin starts to peak inside and it only gets stronger the closer I get to it. I become fixated with it, the lights of the main stand towering over the bullens road stand walking through Stanley park, the noise of the tannoy getting louder and louder. Dad's with lads, mums with mums, sisters with brothers, boyfriend and girlfreinds holding hands chatting about their day whilst walking at an excited pace just minutes away from the stadium.

I love it, I love everything about it, I feel on top of the world every single time I'm walking towards it.

I've been behind every restricted view, I've sat next to every kind of character I could ever imagine. I've taken all my sisters to the games, been with their fellas to games, took my son to games, mates to games, travelled solo to so many games in wind, rain, sleet, snow, crapped on in the family enclosure, been in the lower bullens with no one else but a mate, moved 20 rows forward in the street end during those mad moments of a goal or a Derby win where limbs are flying everywhere and for a fleeting moment you are on top of the world. I've left the game crying more than I care to admit with anger, frustration and disappointment and tears of happiness where you just hug any random person because in that moment in time, nothing and no one is going to spoil your day. Its your weekend, its your week!

I love it, I'm gonna miss it so much that it actually hurts me a little typing this, genuinely I'm filling up a bit. I don't get to go anywhere near as many times as I wish i could due to work commitments. Even if I did have free time without work I don't think I'd be able to financially commit to as many games as I'd love to and the amount I did when I was younger.

In a blink of an eye, she'll be gone and all we'll have are memories.

Please, enjoy every last moment mate because she's so special and sometimes it really is a case of "you don't know what you've got until its gone".

Goodison, at full pelt is simply one of the most exhilarating and awe inspiring places I've been fortunate to step foot in.

That is something that I'll carry with me until the day I die.

That's what I think anyway Jacko :)
👏👏👏

Building a stadium is a once in a century undertaking.

I guess most English clubs have built new in recent years or are due. Probably why it seems commonplace lately.
True just been looking when chester moved grounds it was 30 years ago so fair play they must have been
One of the first with that idea ?

Went for decades and give my season ticket up post COVID. Got into golf and with a family, couldn't justify the money or time any more.

Miss it every time we're playing at home and will probably end up paying stupid money to be there for the last game so I can say goodbye to the Old Lady. What a place, there'll never be another like it. The history and atmosphere there just hits you when you walk in, the last of the great football stadia before football became corporate.

They're points I've heard from many people Jacko so I'm sure some will completely agree with you.

For me personally, I love it for a lot of the things you mention you don't.

I've always loved the walk up to the ground (and I've walked up to it from all different directions depending where I've lived. The moment it catches my eye, an adrenalin starts to peak inside and it only gets stronger the closer I get to it. I become fixated with it, the lights of the main stand towering over the bullens road stand walking through Stanley park, the noise of the tannoy getting louder and louder. Dad's with lads, mums with mums, sisters with brothers, boyfriend and girlfreinds holding hands chatting about their day whilst walking at an excited pace just minutes away from the stadium.

I love it, I love everything about it, I feel on top of the world every single time I'm walking towards it.

I've been behind every restricted view, I've sat next to every kind of character I could ever imagine. I've taken all my sisters to the games, been with their fellas to games, took my son to games, mates to games, travelled solo to so many games in wind, rain, sleet, snow, crapped on in the family enclosure, been in the lower bullens with no one else but a mate, moved 20 rows forward in the street end during those mad moments of a goal or a Derby win where limbs are flying everywhere and for a fleeting moment you are on top of the world. I've left the game crying more than I care to admit with anger, frustration and disappointment and tears of happiness where you just hug any random person because in that moment in time, nothing and no one is going to spoil your day. Its your weekend, its your week!

I love it, I'm gonna miss it so much that it actually hurts me a little typing this, genuinely I'm filling up a bit. I don't get to go anywhere near as many times as I wish i could due to work commitments. Even if I did have free time without work I don't think I'd be able to financially commit to as many games as I'd love to and the amount I did when I was younger.

In a blink of an eye, she'll be gone and all we'll have are memories.

Please, enjoy every last moment mate because she's so special and sometimes it really is a case of "you don't know what you've got until its gone".

Goodison, at full pelt is simply one of the most exhilarating and awe inspiring places I've been fortunate to step foot in.

That is something that I'll carry with me until the day I die.

That's what I think anyway Jacko :)
Great post this! Pretty much agree with every word!
My first game was v Blackpool reserves in 1967, and even now I can still picture that moment as I walked up the steps and saw the pitch, then the contrast between the blue (and tangerine!) shirts and the green of the pitch - remember until that point I’d only ever seen proper footy in black and white and the telly!
Outside of family, wife and kids - many of my best memories have been at Goodison, and a lot of them night games. A packed Goodison for a big match at night is unbelievable. I feel sorry that my lad, apart from the odd Wembley trip, has never experienced some of the stuff I’ve seen, or that his Grandad and Great Great Grandad witnessed (his Great Grandad was a red!)
We need to move to Bramley Moore but dear god I’ll miss Goodison!

Great post this! Pretty much agree with every word!
My first game was v Blackpool reserves in 1967, and even now I can still picture that moment as I walked up the steps and saw the pitch, then the contrast between the blue (and tangerine!) shirts and the green of the pitch - remember until that point I’d only ever seen proper footy in black and white and the telly!
Outside of family, wife and kids - many of my best memories have been at Goodison, and a lot of them night games. A packed Goodison for a big match at night is unbelievable. I feel sorry that my lad, apart from the odd Wembley trip, has never experienced some of the stuff I’ve seen, or that his Grandad and Great Great Grandad witnessed (his Great Grandad was a red!)
We need to move to Bramley Moore but dear god I’ll miss Goodison!

Great Post mate and yep I'm looking forward to the stadium move but it'll be difficult for me to let go of Goodison.

I might do a Stop Oil and chain myself to the goal post last game lol