Bill Kenwright

I think the opposite, I think this is why he was kept on.

The sad part is, he couldn’t attend Goodison because of himself. Some of the drivel on TalkSport been embarrassing, one guy blames younger fans for making him I’ll and unable to attend

I'm sure there are a few journalists typing away their obituaries right now which include a few digs at the fans in the same vein as our esteemed former mayor posted earlier.

No doubt if you were in the media or a former player who got to spend time with Bill Kenwright you would have nothing but fond memories of him. Hence why so many outside of the club have struggled to understand the fans' frustrations. These people got to see the charming, charismatic chairman doing everything he could for the team he loved. But there was another side to the story, and his sad passing shouldn't see history rewritten over the coming days and weeks.

Down the years, I'll admit I haven't acknowledged the human element behind all this but it's only because I care about this club so much. I hope Bill himself would understand that.

I think the opposite, I think this is why he was kept on.

The sad part is, he couldn’t attend Goodison because of himself. Some of the drivel on TalkSport been embarrassing, one guy blames younger fans for making him I’ll and unable to attend
It's true though, it was because of the fans that he couldn't attend, at that time.. it's the modern disgrace of Everton Football Club

I'm sure there are a few journalists typing away their obituaries right now which include a few digs at the fans in the same vein as our esteemed former mayor posted earlier.

No doubt if you were in the media or a former player who got to spend time with Bill Kenwright you would have nothing but fond memories of him. Hence why so many outside of the club have struggled to understand the fans' frustrations. These people got to see the charming, charismatic chairman doing everything he could for the team he loved. But there was another side to the story, and his sad passing shouldn't see history rewritten over the coming days and weeks.

Down the years, I'll admit I haven't acknowledged the human element behind all this but it's only because I care about this club so much. I hope Bill himself would understand that.
Leave it out

Leave it out

You've just called our fans the modern disgrace of Everton Football Club, which is easily the cheapest and most divisive point scoring I've seen in this entire thread. Everyone else posting has been respectful and shared their sympathies with Bill's family, yet you felt the need to wade in with that gem of a comment.

I think they should mock the seating up to resemble his face, like Preston have done with Tom Finney at Deepdale.

View attachment 232630

With absolute respect, Sir Tom did more for PNE in his little finger than BK did for EFC.

Their isn't one single fan who would dispute Finney legacy at PNE whereas Bills legacy at EFC is going to be divisive.

The best honour the club could do now is rise from the ashes and perform how Bill envisaged they would perform.

biggest blue i have ever known - did brilliantly with davy moyes with no budget at all
love the man as a fellow evertonian our thoughts are with his lovely partner jenny
RIP bill