2023/24 Sean Dyche

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Having said that, the development is positive. Something, after all, the underlying numbers showed earlier in the season. However, then we did not have the margins with us.

Then of course there are some who don't like the style, it will always be like that. This is subjective. Personally, I think the style we had under Ancelotti was far more destructive and aimless.

However, right now style is not the most important thing, but stabilizing the club. We haven't forgotten the previous two seasons, have we?

Seeing unused subs like Danjuma and Chermiti running on lifting the goalscorers up after the final whistle. Dyche has built a united spirit, where lampard and benitez seemed to build division and indecisiveness
I’ve said it multiple times before but Dyche is a psychological manager. He can get the players behind him. He wants the players to feel like they’ve accomplished something after the game. I’ll question his tactics from time to time but despite what people say- in my mind he plays the right way. Direct no nonsense footy that doesn’t allow the defense to set. We don’t play with possession and cry about teams parking the bus.

Let's rephrase then - we play crap football, no idea other than either hit and hope or pump in the box, our forward is isolated all game with 30 yards between him and anyone in midfield (or alternatively - he's back defending as we've parked the bus and will never create for him), no possession, no build up (or at least not often enough) etc. There's no style, no identity, no ideas. It's not that difficult to understand or see this. But I guess we have fight, fair enough.

Erling Haaland and City (mad example here) play a brand of football that creates chances either for him or for the rest of the team.

Ours is to lump it in and hopefully it comes off Doucoure's shin at the right angle for a goal, or for Young to play the ball down the right hand side to isolated DCL. Dycheball.

Either way, 3 points is 3 points and Dyche will be a slug.
Did you watch us last season?? We didn't become Real Madrid in the pre-season. We did just win away from home though cheer up a little!

Reading the Dyche thread every match.

giphy.gif

Did you watch us last season?? We didn't become Real Madrid in the pre-season. We did just win away from home though cheer up a little!
I did - and I was told Dyche will fix this and his game management with the team/players he wants over summer, which he got.

Instead we're exactly the same but now have the fossil of Ashley Young starting games.

….I think some fans forget that we have a squad that lacks quality.

For a defensive midfielder like Gueye to get beyond our striker to score the winner late in an away game is a testimony to Dyche tactics.
No, I think quite a few fans have been saying that we have some very good footballers. There’s no need to be constantly punting the ball up to the opposition and inviting more pressure upon yourself. Especially with the quality we have.
As for Gueye, he plays alongside Garner in a double pivot, so one sits and one can go forward, technically not a defensive midfielder 😜