Bill Kenwright

Today was the legacy of Kenwrights mismanagement of this club. Some of you will say it was Moshiris fault, but who brought Moshiri to the club in the first place?

Kenwright was a crap chairman when he was alive, and him being dead doesn't change that. Kenwright was probably along with Heysel the biggest disaster to ever happen to this club imo.
As soon as he brought in Samuelson, Green etc the model for 'running' Everton was set in place. Some people have made a fortune from Bill's methods, including himself.

Today isn't on Kenwright.

It's ALL, 100% at Moshiri's door
Are you serious? 1989!! 1989!! Bill Kenwright was a director since 1989 and Everton have declined ever since!! He is totally to blame. Everything he did was based upon sentiment, nothing was done for the business. He was a nice guy and we are a nice club but failing.

I for one am glad he never saw this.... now is the time for someone to step up and really fight for this club... Bill would of come out and said.."sorry lessons learned Blues...Did i tell you about the time I......(fill whatever bollocks you like)

I for one am glad he never saw this.... now is the time for someone to step up and really fight for this club... Bill would of come out and said.."sorry lessons learned Blues...Did i tell you about the time I......(fill whatever bollocks you like)
We are where we are mate purely because of him. I think the opposite of you, I wish he had of lived longer and answer for the position we are in and where he has lead us. The man was a crank of the highest order. Megalomaniac

Mate this was coming for years and years.

It's been coming since 2016.

Before that we were always in control of finances. The budget was tight obviously but Kenwright worked with the manager and pulled rabbits out of hats. That's how it should be.

I'm no Kenwright luvvie - he should have gone a few years ago for his own health if nothing else - but this has only been coming since the man at the top was completely out of control and decided to throw money that wasn't ours about on nothing. That only happened in the Moshiri era.

Who sold to Moshiri ? Johnson ?

It was a terrible decision for him to sell to Moshiri, granted.

That will always be a black mark on him but he wasn't to know the extent of how insane Moshiri is and how much of a mere puppet he was for Usmanov, any more than the blues who were singing about having loads of money when the Iranian cancer took over were.