6 + 2 Point Deductions

I think there is balance to be had tbh - taking risks is one thing but some of the risks Moshiri havr taken were pretty crazy eg It didn’t occur in the period we’re being docked points for but hiring Benitez was a fairly predictable disaster on and off pitch and also cost us 10million to fire. I don’t think a well run club would have taken on such a risk.

Of course we wasted loads and could have done better but the point you make above is pertinent.

Yes Benitez was an unmitigated disaster and one that could have been avoided but we could easily give Dyche a long contract if we survive, then fire him if we have an awful start to the season afterwards and burn through a couple more quickly if we continue to be rubbish. We could be down 20-25 million just with those unforeseeables. This could mean we are forced to keep a manager as we'll go down with a points deduction anyhow for spending too much. A rock and a hard place springs to mind.

The biggest thing for me is the change from a lax situation of a breach by a PL team being a fine/possible transfer ban to a draconian one where the punishment is a greater points deduction than historically levied against teams going into administration.

If the league want to crack down on teams flirting with the FFP rules then I’m not entirely opposed (although I do think the FFP rules have more to do with protecting the current top teams from upstarts than the devastating impact that a team going belly up has on their local community).

And there does always need to be a test subject a change in enforcement (which Everton by their own ineptness walked into). But if the change in tack is implemented immediately without any mitigation then it could well create the event it was ostensibly supposed to protect against.

Selling off the land when there's been a mooted heritage site planned would be very RS.

Its worth jack in real estate terms. Plan A was to lob the land at EITC and all sorts of stuff being done there. Not a clue if that is still the plan.

Not sure what a heritage site would be for?

EITC makes more sense in which case it would be a massive investment for a club with no money.

I can definitely see this points deduction scaring the crap out of the likes of Villa, Forest and maybe Bournemouth. I would be very surprised to see them make any major investments in players in the near future. Wolves could be next in the firing line but that's if the premier league actually follow up in the same way they did to Everton 🤔

If interest on the stadium is taken in to account we could well be in the crap for the next couple of years given the figures banded about.

Well, you have to remember the stadium is for the matchgoing fans.

Think of all the viewers on the telly who won't get a better experience. F' Everton for buying less players and building a stadium, thus degrading the sporting ambition. EFC are ruining the sport. /Sarcasm.

I can definitely see this points deduction scaring the crap out of the likes of Villa, Forest and maybe Bournemouth. I would be very surprised to see them make any major investments in players in the near future. Wolves could be next in the firing line but that's if the premier league actually follow up in the same way they did to Everton 🤔
That's an interesting comment. Long term, this whole affair could benefit us by stopping those teams you mention from over-spending under any potential rich owners. Unfortunately, will also have the effect of protecting the so-called big 6. Going to be very interesting how this plays out. We just need to get through this season without getting relegated and then the future will get progressively better imo.