Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn’t have looked at the league, nor the fixtures, nor anything else. If our points deduction isn’t overturned then we are in serious trouble I think.

The main thing is we don't get cut adrift over the next few weeks. If that gap to 17th starts going up anymore than 5 points then it won't look good.

Yes we've had a upturn in form but that doesn't all of a sudden give us the guarantee we're a good team. We could easily revert back to our standard setting of the last couple of years - especially if there's a couple of injuries to key players.

If we repeat our average points from the last few seasons Luton would still have to massively improve to stay up, even taking into account today’s win.

Our average over the last 3 seasons has been c0.9 points per game. They are currently on 0.7 points per game after today.

our current run rate is 1.15 points per game, including our poor start.

Unless we do even worse than the last 3 seasons, we are still fine.

We won't stay up on 27 points mate.

As for Luton requiring a massive improvement, if they're on 0.7 points per game, over 38 thats 26.6. Hardly needing a massive improvement then to top what would be 0.9 (last 3 year avg points per game) x26 (games left) =23.4 +4 (points we have)= 27.4.

My point was a simple one - if we repeat our average points per game for the last 3 seasons from now until the end of the season, we're down unless you think 27 points or less keep us up.

I think some are underestimating the challenge.

If we don't get most of our points back, we will definitely get relegated imo. Forget the decent run we have had, it was never going to last forever and all this talk about it being the best season to be deducted points is absolute codswallop, there is no such thing as a good season to be deducted 10 points. It is just to make you feel better and to justify the draconian punishment. We are in a miles worse position now than we were at the same point last season. We were on on 13 points and it went right through to the final game. How do you think it is going to go when we currently have 4 points i.e 9 less than that.

Got to get the points back or at least most of them or we are in big trouble.

We are in a miles worse position now than we were at the same point last season. \
This is just rubbish. This time last season we went through a really bad spell which culminated in Lampard getting the boot well into the New Year. There's some absolute negative garbage being posted on the site at the moment. It's only November ffs and we are 5 points behind Luton Town with a game in hand. Get a grip. I reckon the sane ones on here should boycott any relegation thread and leave it to the glass half empty brigade.

If we don't get most of our points back, we will definitely get relegated imo. Forget the decent run we have had, it was never going to last forever and all this talk about it being the best season to be deducted points is absolute codswallop, there is no such thing as a good season to be deducted 10 points. It is just to make you feel better and to justify the draconian punishment. We are in a miles worse position now than we were at the same point last season. We were on on 13 points and it went right through to the final game. How do you think it is going to go when we currently have 4 points i.e 9 less than that.

Got to get the points back or at least most of them or we are in big trouble.
From 'definitely' to 'big trouble' good lord

This is just rubbish. This time last season we went through a really bad spell which culminated in Lampard getting the boot well into the New Year. There's some absolute negative garbage being posted on the site at the moment. It's only November ffs and we are 5 points behind Luton Town with a game in hand. Get a grip. I reckon the sane ones on here should boycott any relegation thread and leave it to the glass half empty brigade.
And how do you know we are not going to go through another bad spell. Ah that's right, we have suddenly become Barcelona because we have won a few games. Get a grip and get angry with the premier league for cheating us out of our hard earned points, not fellow blues.

What you call negative, i call realism. 4 points after 13 games has got to be one of the worst tallies we have ever had in pretty much our entire history i would bet. We need our points back, end of.

As for Luton requiring a massive improvement, if they're on 0.7 points per game, over 38 thats 26.6. Hardly needing a massive improvement then to top what would be 0.9 (last 3 year avg points per game) x26 (games left) =23.4 +4 (points we have)= 27.4.

My point was a simple one - if we repeat our average points per game for the last 3 seasons from now until the end of the season, we're down unless you think 27 points or less keep us up.

I think we need over 34 points - 10 wins to escape.

It's a BIG BIG task.

Our point reduction is a real killer but hopefully we end today needed 9 wins.

Including today we have a difficult run of fixtures coming up (Man U may be 'poor' but they would still be 7 points better than us even if we hadn't had points deducted). I just hope that we're not adrift when these are over/at the half-way point.

Agree with this. Injuries allowing, I think we’ll end up on 32-35 points. It’s going to be squeaky bum time that’s for sure. Let’s hope for a favourable appeal

A week after the announcement I'm now more certain than ever that the point deduction will be reduced by at least 5 points or more, it simply has to be now the unjust nature of it has sunk in.
A club can go in to administration, owing millions to creditors and small businesses, putting many of them out of business and ruining lives at the same time. That's what happens when administration occurs, only the administrator wins.
For that a club receives a 9pt penalty when the dust settles, even though the lives of some of the creditors are ruined.

Yet Everton overspent by what in premier league terms is bloody peanuts with massive mitigating circumstances that must be taken in to account.
The inability to sell Mr. X for example through no fault of our own plus the complications BMD brought have to be weighrd up fairly.

10pts is just outlandish for the crime, and does not reflect a proportionate punishment in any way.
I just hope with the turmoil in the boardroom and the fact we seem to have nobody in charge actually batting for us that someone can hire a bloody good barrister to argue this case to the appeal panel. We need to ask how being overspent by such a tiny margin whilst still fulfulling all debts and resposibilities draws a bigger penalty than a club who say "feck it" ,let's throw the towel in and start again, sod the creditors.
Nope, it's wrong and it will be quashed.

A week after the announcement I'm now more certain than ever that the point deduction will be reduced by at least 5 points or more, it simply has to be now the unjust nature of it has sunk in.
A club can go in to administration, owing millions to creditors and small businesses, putting many of them out of business and ruining lives at the same time. That's what happens when administration occurs, only the administrator wins.
For that a club receives a 9pt penalty when the dust settles, even though the lives of some of the creditors are ruined.

Yet Everton overspent by what in premier league terms is bloody peanuts with massive mitigating circumstances that must be taken in to account.
The inability to sell Mr. X for example through no fault of our own plus the complications BMD brought have to be weighrd up fairly.

10pts is just outlandish for the crime, and does not reflect a proportionate punishment in any way.
I just hope with the turmoil in the boardroom and the fact we seem to have nobody in charge actually batting for us that someone can hire a bloody good barrister to argue this case to the appeal panel. We need to ask how being overspent by such a tiny margin whilst still fulfulling all debts and resposibilities draws a bigger penalty than a club who say "feck it" ,let's throw the towel in and start again, sod the creditors.
Nope, it's wrong and it will be quashed.
hope so mate , can’t see it though i think there determined to ride it out and hide behind the fact it was a independent commission that slammed us

Status
Not open for further replies.