Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 years today since West Brom pulled off "The Great escape", the only club to have been bottom first match of season, bottom at Xmas and bottom on final day of the season but still survived. . Went down the following season though 😆
It was also the 19th year since Kieran Richardsons last good game

I think the concern is likely that any replacement signings will not be nearly as good as those players that we sell. For arguments sake, if we were forced to sell Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana, would we be able to get anyone close to Pickford or Branthwaite's quality with our very limited budget? Highly unlikely. We might get someone close to Onana's current level of play, though his upside is high. Plus, we won't be able to re-invest the lion's share of the proceeds from any sales as we are in such dire financial condition, most of what we get will go toward interest payments and keeping the lights on in my opinion. I hope we can keep Branthwaite another season but I'm starting to have my doubts on that. Onana is gone for sure.
People not getting their head round the fact that we are not being forced to sell to get a war chest, we are being forced to sell to keep the lights on.
Brantwaite will be replaced by a Jonny Evans.
Berahinho coming in for DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.