2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Certainly proves me wrong week after week. Given his story and the context of everything that's happened since he's come to Everton you can't help be feel delighted for the lad becoming a great PL level player.

I thought we needed to sign a new left back in the summer. Very pleased he’s proved me wrong. Solid defensively and getting forward more effectively as well.

I'm quite old and I still remember the "you'll never beat Des Walker" chant.

His name is far too long to copy that rhyme, but i think a similar song is needed.

He's become a beast of a defender.

The difference between my confidence in our left and right back couldn't be greater.

It looks like the improvement has stuck. I suspect playing next to Branthwaite makes a difference too. Way stronger up the field too, but I think that's because there has been some recognition his crossing isn't the best and he's playing narrower in the final third and adding a body edge of/in the box. Credit to him and Dyche for making it work.

Definitely improved this season. One of the first names on the teamsheet. Defensively more solid and attacking more effective. Really couldn't ask for more from what he's offering this season