Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought our tactics were pathetic at times, launched it far too much, flat out refused to play any joined up stuff. Possibly some bad decisions in possession due to fatigue, a lot of them looked knackered after putting in some massive shifts recently. Shunting one of the best young centre halves around to left back to shoehorn the Tinman in to the side was a mistake for me though

As I said...we cant afford 3 more games in this competition.

We are still unbeaten in the last 5 games.

Let's hope they have enough energy fro Spurs.
Yea you did say that, and it was utter tripe talk then too
Seriously daft way to support any team

We'll win a trophy again in the next few years (you can vault me on that) but for now I'm looking at the silver linings:

No injuries, no chance of being cheated by one of the Sly6 in the semi's, full focus on moving on up and keeping the pressure on the PL for their corruption & incompetence.

UTFT!
Not a chance, we are still miles away from winning a cup, this season Fulham and Middlesborough are coming closer than us. Look at the absolute crap sides that have won trophies since our last trophy....

League Cup
Swansea
Birmingham
Blackburn
Leicester x 2
Villa
Middlesborough

FA Cup
Portsmouth
Wigan
Leicester

Even Moyes has won a European competition!

People who say aren't bothered that we are out because of the league should think again, two likely defeats against Spurs and City will be 3 losses on the bounce and our fragile confidence will be rock bottom again.
Get a grip. It won’t be rock bottom at all if we play like we have been and get beat. This type of attitude is exactly why you’ve heard countless opposition players say that Goodison can be a force for good or for bad for our team.

We are united at the minute as a club and we are behind our team because they are playing for us despite the obvious shortcomings as a squad.

Thought our tactics were pathetic at times, launched it far too much, flat out refused to play any joined up stuff. Possibly some bad decisions in possession due to fatigue, a lot of them looked knackered after putting in some massive shifts recently. Shunting one of the best young centre halves around to left back to shoehorn the Tinman in to the side was a mistake for me though
We've done really well lately. I'm no Dyche fan, but he is doing a good job.

However, 2 things are clear for us to develop further.

1) Keane should never play for us again - he is a total liability.

2) We NEED to work on patterns of play. It just isn't enough leathering the ball forward or into the channels. It is so limited. Beto is not a back to goal striker - we should be playing him in behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.