Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't touch the ball but catches the man. We might not like the rule but it was a foul.

As said though, the linesman was 10 metres away, what was he looking at?
Players are allowed to make contact with each other without a foul occuring. If the ref gave I would think it soft but shrug my shoulders. For VAR to intervene is ridiculous. It looks much worse in slow motion.

Having rewatched the foul, I can't get my head around them deeming it clear and obvious. I can sort of see it given as a typical, soft foul in real time (let's not kid ourselves, we'd try to claim it), but to go back and change it is the very definition of re-refereeing the game, which they persistenty claim is not the aim. Both procedurally wrong, and wrong in the sense its nonsense to give fouls for that little contact generally.

Having rewatched the foul, I can't get my head around them deeming it clear and obvious. I can sort of see it given as a typical, soft foul in real time (let's not kid ourselves, we'd try to claim it), but to go back and change it is the very definition of re-refereeing the game, which they persistenty claim is not the aim. Both procedurally wrong, and wrong in the sense its nonsense to give fouls for that little contact generally.
I agree 100%.

I am greatly encouraged by that display. We pretty much dominated the game away from home from 30 mins onwards and really should have won it. We are not a perfect team by any means and we are going to lose plenty of games between now and the end of the season but the upward trajectory in performance, belief and desire under Dyche is clear to see. We will probably lose to City and may well lose to Wolves but we shouldn't let short term results over shadow our progress.

For me Danjuma just as selfish as gray was. Maybe be more talented but with no threat of team play…..same as gray
Either he doesn't look up and doesn't see the pass, or he deliberately doesn't look up so he can pretend he didn't see the pass, I don't know which is worse
I wanted to slap him today lol

Forgive me here lad, but the fact that multiple other ex professionals and officials are suggesting it’s not a foul would suggest that at LEAST it’s a 50/50 call. In these cases, why doesn’t the ref get the final decision? It’s just VAR again being billy big bollocks and taking away a all other interpretation
It’s doing my head in. When the ref goes over to the monitor, everyone knows what the outcome is going to be, it’s pathetic. Why can’t one of them say, ’no, I was right, I’m the referee, the goal stands’.

I am greatly encouraged by that display. We pretty much dominated the game away from home from 30 mins onwards and really should have won it. We are not a perfect team by any means and we are going to lose plenty of games between now and the end of the season but the upward trajectory in performance, belief and desire under Dyche is clear to see. We will probably lose to City and may well lose to Wolves but we shouldn't let short term results over shadow our progress.
We will beat Wolves and City.

Onana is absolutely garbage I have no idea what anybody sees in him

Careful... @Zatara blows his load doing a 2 yard pass. He gives everyone who doesn’t think he’s the best player in world football, the middle finger.

If a poster cant tell a good player from a poor one then thats not my problem.

Likewise if a poster thinks their own jokes are funny they should probably roll out from under their mother, go online and find a doll to order.

You're welcome.

You are a symptom of the modern day Everton fan, we will achieve nothing big ego,s that just use us as a stepping stone.

Hello little one.

Vagablonde sounds like the doll the chap above needs.

Crack on kids.

Players are allowed to make contact with each other without a foul occuring. If the ref gave I would think it soft but shrug my shoulders. For VAR to intervene is ridiculous. It looks much worse in slow motion.

That would not have been given the other way, we all know that. Can't wait for Dermot Gallagher to make out it was a great decision.

We will though 😂

That would not have been given the other way, we all know that. Can't wait for Dermot Gallagher to make out it was a great decision.

It's not even worth listening to Gallagher do his mental gymnastics to justify the ridiculous decision given by the inept npc in stolen Park. I always refer back to the van dyck onana assault which was a straight red but good old dermot said it was a yellow, because the direction of contact was towards the foot

Status
Not open for further replies.