Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool will surely have too much to at least not lose to Burnley.

Would take a draw in the SU/LT game, though would prefer a SU win.

Hopefully we can get something against City.

Liverpool will surely have too much to at least not lose to Burnley.

Would take a draw in the SU/LT game, though would prefer a SU win.

Hopefully we can get something against City.
Either of them i would take, and have thought which of either is best from our POV - do you want Luton a point closer, or Sheff Utd been 3points closer - so all closed up. As long as Luton dont win is all that matters - but you could see any result that game

Just takes one bad game week where results don't go our way and then we're back in it.
The last few days couldnt have gone much worst - Newcastle losing to Luton and Forest, Burnley winning at Fulham - Out of those 3 I only thought Luton may get something if a win or draw v The Toon - I expected Fulham to beat Burnley and Thought Newcastle may win today.

We have gone from been pretty ok for now before the weekend, to now been pulled back into it. Even though i think we will stay up - but i am hoping we are safe way before the end of the season - Which we pretty much would have been without the deduction

Either of them i would take, and have thought which of either is best from our POV - do you want Luton a point closer, or Sheff Utd been 3points closer - so all closed up. As long as Luton dont win is all that matters - but you could see any result that game

The problem with Luton winning is they'll be on 15 points after half a season. Pretty much what this club was on 12 months ago. Suddenly getting past 30 points wouldn't seem so impossible.

A couple of weeks back most were confident none of the promoted teams would even get to 25 points but then we get these posts every single season and then mass panic when one of them wins back to back games like an asteroid is about to hit the Earth.

Luton are improving and starting to believe they can get results regularly at this level so I think they're going to be a danger tbh. A Sheffield United win would derail that mentality so would prefer that.

The last few days couldnt have gone much worst - Newcastle losing to Luton and Forest, Burnley winning at Fulham - Out of those 3 I only thought Luton may get something if a win or draw v The Toon - I expected Fulham to beat Burnley and Thought Newcastle may win today.

We have gone from been pretty ok for now before the weekend, to now been pulled back into it. Even though i think we will stay up - but i am hoping we are safe way before the end of the season - Which we pretty much would have been without the deduction

I still think someone like Davek is going to be much closer than anyone wants to admit. The form in last two months has been brilliant....but it might only be enough to be 1 point off 18th by end of the week. Now with some injuries and general levelling off (the endless winning away was never going to continue as it dosen't for those finishing top 6) and bottom end teams finally starting to win it's going to be a difficult period and I do think some points won back on appeal is going to be needed just to get some breathing space.

Still half a season left to play so silly to be worrying too much considering the state exactly 12 months ago when relegation did look inevitable.

The problem with Luton winning is they'll be on 15 points after half a season. Pretty much what this club was on 12 months ago. Suddenly getting past 30 points wouldn't seem so impossible.

A couple of weeks back most were confident none of the promoted teams would even get to 25 points but then we get these posts every single season and then mass panic when one of them wins back to back games like an asteroid is about to hit the Earth.

Luton are improving and starting to believe they can get results regularly at this level so I think they're going to be a danger tbh. A Sheffield United win would derail that mentality so would prefer that.
They have all improved from our Points deduction for me. which has made them go for it more. More than some thinking they got to grips with the prem league.

They have all improved from our Points deduction for me. which has made them go for it more. More than some thinking they got to grips with the prem league.

I still think Burnley and Sheffield are pretty poor, should certainly be beating both at Goodison in the run in which will probably be enough.

Luton is the danger. Giving everyone a tough game at Kenilworth road so I can see them winning at least 3-4 more home games. Sheffield and Burnley away in next few weeks so that's a big chance to get an away win.

Sheffield united putting out a much more attacking team than they did at Villa so not a gimme for Luton this.

Status
Not open for further replies.