Relegation 23/24 Thread

Will be tough, Wolves, Villa, Fulham, need some points from a couple of those games.
Well, as delighted as we have been by Dyche’s defiant demons, the likes of Luton have been going on a run of their own. Wolves, Villa, and Fulham is a minimum five points as far as I’m concerned. And I see no reason why we shouldn’t get those. But we’re in a battle, make no mistake.

Newcastle, btw, are in relegation form. I wonder if the nice people who run that club will show some patience to Eddie the Unscrupulous…

Who is big Kev and why is he devastated?

1703604676111.jpeg

Well, as delighted as we have been by Dyche’s defiant demons, the likes of Luton have been going on a run of their own. Wolves, Villa, and Fulham is a minimum five points as far as I’m concerned. And I see no reason why we shouldn’t get those. But we’re in a battle, make no mistake.

Newcastle, btw, are in relegation form. I wonder if the nice people who run that club will show some patience to Eddie the Unscrupulous…

Luton have 7 points from 7 games. I wouldn’t really call that a “run”, but treading water.

We’ve got 15 from 7, for reference.

I still think someone like Davek is going to be much closer than anyone wants to admit. The form in last two months has been brilliant....but it might only be enough to be 1 point off 18th by end of the week. Now with some injuries and general levelling off (the endless winning away was never going to continue as it dosen't for those finishing top 6) and bottom end teams finally starting to win it's going to be a difficult period and I do think some points won back on appeal is going to be needed just to get some breathing space.

Still half a season left to play so silly to be worrying too much considering the state exactly 12 months ago when relegation did look inevitable.
@davek is regularly hilariously off-message with his posts, but then the creeping wisdom of his insights begins to reveal itself with the passage of events and time.

I expect he’ll be right about this, too. We’re in a battle all the way to late April. At least.

If Barkley picks up a knock (which is pretty likely) Luton will drop off and be back to being a set piece team
Fair play to him, looks like he has finally figured out how to play with injury riddled legs and no pace. Very composed recently. They are all about him and that monster striker that wins most aerial challenges. Even Townsend looks decent in their side. Only need two or three difference makers to pick up points.

Being in or close to the 3rd last place during this season is pretty understandable given the PTS deduction. We had a great run but are equally able to have poor runs, what with us being a generally average squad with only an ok manager.

It's fine people getting all excited with the good run, the excellent performances and being able to like the team again....but not if they are just doing the usual thing of over hyping things to then flip about and over do the doom when things don't meet their previous expectations.

From my perch on the fence id say the main positive of the situation is that we don't look like the worst team in the league or one of the worst three teams in the league, and that's kind of nice as I was getting used to that particular misery