Relegation 23/24 Thread

We are still in a position where we have had 10 points deducted and are out of the relegation zone with half the season to play. What's the big concern? We are in a similar position to when the season started and a pretty solid chance of getting some of our points back too.

On top of that we have played well all season and been competitive in nearly every game bar maybe villa away. There's not really any reason to be negative.

1 point from relegation atm and there's still people laughing at Luton.

FFS, words fail me.
I think it's down to the run of games we've just had. Someone listed them earlier but we've just gone through Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea, Tottenham and Man City in a very short space of time.

Even after that and the points deduction, we're still outside the relegation zone.

Other clubs are going to hit such difficult spells and won't come out as well as we have.

I get why you're concerned and where your pessimism comes from, but I really feel this is a different side. Remember, without the deduction we're top ten and for once, we're actually playing like it.

Have faith Dave

I think it's down to the run of games we've just had. Someone listed them earlier but we've just gone through Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea, Tottenham and Man City in a very short space of time.

Even after that and the points deduction, we're still outside the relegation zone.

Other clubs are going to hit such difficult spells and won't come out as well as we have.

I get why you're concerned and where your pessimism comes from, but I really feel this is a different side. Remember, without the deduction we're top ten and for once, we're actually playing like it.

Have faith Dave
I agree with this point but our next few games are also very difficult, and whilst it's true that everyone plays everyone twice we could be a few points adrift by the time we get through these tough fixtures. The danger then is the players losing confidence. We used to see it under Moyes. We'd go on a big unbeaten run, and then go on a run where we wondered where the next point was coming from. Momentum is a big issue. We had it, now Luton have it. However, Crystal Palace, Brentford, Sheffield United and Burnley are all on a poor run so I don't see one of those teams or the bottom 3 suddenly breaking well clear.

Another 7 wins for me IF we don't get any points returned.

Our next 10 games are:
Wolves (A)
Villa (H)
Fulham (A)
Tottenham (H)
Man City (A)
Palace (H)
Brighton (A)
West Ham (H)
Man Utd (A)
Lpool (H)

Some very big games in there but we have a lot of belief in our squad so I see an upset or two in there.

Looking at Luton's next 4 or 5 games, it might be a rough time til mid Feb.
The problem is our games are going as expected, our competition seem to be getting unexpected results.

A lot of folk also looking at this in a very binary way. We could be in 15th by the end of the next round of fixtures and only a couple of points off 13th with the right results. Not to mention the possibility of us getting some points given back to us.

Even if Luton were to maintain any kind of form and ours drops off a cliff, there are still at least 3 other teams looking over their shoulders, with another 1 or 2 a couple of poor results away from being dragged back in.

It's not just Luton or Everton for the drop.

A lot of folk also looking at this in a very binary way. We could be in 15th by the end of the next round of fixtures and only a couple of points off 13th with the right results. Not to mention the possibility of us getting some points given back to us.

Even if Luton were to maintain any kind of form and ours drops off a cliff, there are still at least 3 other teams looking over their shoulders, with another 1 or 2 a couple of poor results away from being dragged back in.

It's not just Luton or Everton for the drop.
According to the bookies there are 8 teams with a chance of being relegated, from Sheffield United at 16/1 on to Brentford at 16/1 against.

Corrupt league wants Liverpool a one team city...Qatar will then buy the RS. A lot of cash-filled brown envelopes to the PL top brass. We are fighting an unwinnable battle

Behave. You're embarrassing.

People talking about Luton as if they are City 2.0, they have had a couple of good results in an otherwise very poor season. They will drop more points than us between now and the end of the season.

Luton took the game to City. We didn't.