6 + 2 Point Deductions

We don't have to be 20m better than last season though, we just need to be 20m better than the year that falls off the calculation.

The thing about this I still don't understand is the year that falls off is 100m plus and we should've been able to beat it fairly easily.
We lost 76 in 20 21, then 44 millions the season before last...so we have to turn a profit last season to be under 105 millions loses.

the other teams around us are loving
this
I'm not so sure about that. They'll all know that one or two bad seasons and this could be them. It's easy to say you can just sell your high earning players, but as we've proven, it's not that easy. The teams around us are susceptible to this nonsense too. Look at Forest, Wolves only escaped due to selling one player to the Saudis for an inflated fee.

I reckon It's all down to our mitigation from last time...we still think that those should be taking into account whilst the premier league disagrees, and I guess this is where our appeal will be on. We were over last time already by 25 millions, so only way for us to be on the right side is to turn a profit of 20 millions plus last season which its unlikely. Must be close though, so hopefully it's only a handful of points and not 10 like last time.
Problem is, we're not a great team as it is, and any points deductions (especially more) will likely sink us.

The issue here is that we stuck all our eggs in the Uzmanov basket and once that went we were stuffed. It's pretty unlucky in some ways but in other ways if we're run sustainability we shouldn't rely on an oligarch.

Oligarchs should never have been anywhere near our club. Evil people.

So true
Dyche has done a great job making every one of these players give their all and earn our respect and that could all be for nothing
Yep. Tarks and Myko running round bleeding for the club in what is supposed to be a competitive sport. Both probably sat at home thinking ffs cheers.

Someone may mention we shouldn’t feel sad for millionaires, but the players must be obliterated by this news. Even if they aren’t bothered about how it affects the club and the fans, they are currently contractually bound to a sinking ship.

I'm not so sure about that. They'll all know that one or two bad seasons and this could be them. It's easy to say you can just sell your high earning players, but as we've proven, it's not that easy. The teams around us are susceptible to this nonsense too. Look at Forest, Wolves only escaped due to selling one player to the Saudis for an inflated fee.

i mean mate as they now have a better chance to stay up as we don’t

Double Jeopardy - surely a lawyer worth anything will be able to get the whole thing thrown out on that point alone - makes zero sense how we can be charged again for 2/3s of the same offence.

Basically if you overspend pretty badly in one year, you’ll get 3 years of penalties

It’s utterly ludicrous

This is the part that’s confusing me. Basically saying you have one year to turn it round or you’re going to get charged again including 2 seasons we have already charged you for. That’s if I’m following this correctly.