6 + 2 Point Deductions

They really only want six clubs to compete, even the Geordies are struggling - yet supposedly they are one of the richest clubs in the world!
Once the “Sky” favourites had spent what they needed to spend and were fully established the rules changed, the drawbridge got pulled up and everyone else has been left to fight for the leftovers, and woe betide anyone who trys to break through the glass ceiling they’ve established!
The fact that clubs like Brighton play the long game in regards to recruitment and general club structure/building must really make the PL blood boil, I like that and there is nothing they can do about it either.

I'm not defending the Premier League but this has been brought in so owners don't cripple football clubs by chasing a dream and then leaving the shell of a football club and buggering off. It's happened to Leeds, Sunderland, Villa, Bolton, Wigan, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday etc. We are now £400 million in debt and still paying massive wages to players who don't even play. We're going to be in hock for the next 20 years because of decisions made in the last few years. Anybody who thinks that's good, well I don't agree with you. I know that if all clubs lived legitimately through their means then the rs and Man United would have a massive advantage, but after those 2 it would be fairly competitive. That's where we need to get to,, although I suspect it may be too late for us, given our debt.

But the rules have failed to stop it happening, haven’t they? And the punishment just accelerates the demise.

….BBC awaiting the inevitable;

IMG_7625.jpeg

I'm not defending the Premier League but this has been brought in so owners don't cripple football clubs by chasing a dream and then leaving the shell of a football club and buggering off. It's happened to Leeds, Sunderland, Villa, Bolton, Wigan, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday etc. We are now £400 million in debt and still paying massive wages to players who don't even play. We're going to be in hock for the next 20 years because of decisions made in the last few years. Anybody who thinks that's good, well I don't agree with you. I know that if all clubs lived legitimately through their means then the rs and Man United would have a massive advantage, but after those 2 it would be fairly competitive. That's where we need to get to,, although I suspect it may be too late for us, given our debt.

Even if I agreed that that was truly the intention of the rules (I don’t)… they demonstrably don’t work to fulfil that intent.