VAR

I was watching a A league game on my moody stream stick, and Aussie team v wellington phoenix, it was rather enjoyable. Even the VAR interventions were speedy and tolerable. Miles better than the EPL/WWF/WWE we are subjected to

Oh my sweet summer child.

I suppose you still believe in Father Christmas, the Easter bunny and finding an honest Tory Mp? Bless you, sausage.

It ain’t city or Liverpool to win the league either, it’s anyone but city the PL want to win it, the pedz are just in the box seat and the inhalers are flowing currently.
Why do they give City all those penalties then?

Which penalties mert?
If the PL are conspiring with the refs to prevent City winning the title, they wouldn't get as many penalties. The penalty against us for starters, or was that trumped by them simultaneously conspiring to get us relegated? Come to think of it, if they were conspiring to prevent West Ham beating Sheffield Utd, why did they give West Ham a penalty or overturn the Sheffield Utd red?

If the PL are conspiring with the refs to prevent City winning the title, they wouldn't get as many penalties. The penalty against us for starters, or was that trumped by them simultaneously conspiring to get us relegated? Come to think of it, if they were conspiring to prevent West Ham beating Sheffield Utd, why did they give West Ham a penalty or overturn the Sheffield Utd red?
We're just sheeple lad we're not clever enough to understand the 9d chess the league is playing only people like Nath can see it because they're enlightened.

Answered your own homework there on city chief. We don’t matter - they want us out of the league so we’re no longer the PLs problem.

City have actually had less penalties than Chelsea and the mighty pedz, but you tell yourself whatever, and I’m not sure the other pens were as controversial as the one against us - definitely less controversial than the gifts of pens the pedz and United keep getting.

Again, you’ve kinda answered the question about wham/sheff united - a draw in that game is a great result for both ends of their table and their “product” - they want the relegation drama to drag on as long as possible, whilst nicely stopping wham from getting further away from United and Chelsea.

Not giving two stonewall penalties to wham would have looked dodgy as, and how can they not upgrade that challenge to a red, for whatever reason - they shouldn’t have needed VAR to call it a red ffs.
They use subjectivity and this clear and obvious nonsense as a smokescreen that some like yourself seem to buy.

The real question you need to ask is why didn’t Var get involved on the second foul in the box on Bowen, when it’s one of the most stonewall penalties you will ever see?! Clear and obvious what?

It’s not inconsistency or bias, it’s corruption, the bad calls against certain teams are far too consistent for that.

Answered your own homework there on city chief. We don’t matter - they want us out of the league so we’re no longer the PLs problem.

City have actually had less penalties than Chelsea and the mighty pedz, but you tell yourself whatever, and I’m not sure the other pens were as controversial as the one against us - definitely less controversial than the gifts of pens the pedz and United keep getting.

Again, you’ve kinda answered the question about wham/sheff united - a draw in that game is a great result for both ends of their table and their “product” - they want the relegation drama to drag on as long as possible, whilst nicely stopping wham from getting further away from United and Chelsea.

Not giving two stonewall penalties to wham would have looked dodgy as, and how can they not upgrade that challenge to a red, for whatever reason - they shouldn’t have needed VAR to call it a red ffs.
They use subjectivity and this clear and obvious nonsense as a smokescreen that some like yourself seem to buy.

The real question you need to ask is why didn’t Var get involved on the second foul in the box on Bowen, when it’s one of the most stonewall penalties you will ever see?! Clear and obvious what?

It’s not inconsistency or bias, it’s corruption, the bad calls against certain teams are far too consistent for that.
You're right, not giving West Ham two stonewall penalties would have looked dodgy. With this in mind, they gave the first penalty, twenty minutes before the other incident happened.

I've got no problem with your view mate, there's definitely something about Everton's standing in the game which means they are less likely to get decisions, but the more you build on it the more it starts to sound a little conspiracy theoryey.

The player is not in danger of being hurt, the lad dives in at an angle he catches him with his legs not his feet!

He's trying to get inbetween the player and the ball and is just a bit late! Yellow card is fine for that sort of challenge!

I understand were people are coming from like yourself...........as the standard of refereeing/favourability is that it is likely depending on the side/situation/managers/clubs, that could of gone to review etc.

That's my biggest erk at the moment, its not necessarily teams making bad tackles and getting away from them, its the huge transparency in consistency of decisions

I said it weeks ago, you're going to see Villa and West Ham on the end of a lot of bad decisions. They need them removing from the top 6. Villa has been getting weird decisions since Christmas. As a "brand" the PL can't have these teams ahead of the likes of United who are a global pull (despite how laughable they've become, they are a global pull still)
Not that i'm questioning yourself mate....i'm just generally interested in the iffy decisions that have gone against Villa

Said exactly the same mate - they aren’t even trying to hide it now. They also don’t want any team to be cut adrift too soon in the relegation, so gave sheff u a little boost there whilst screwing over wham.

Chelsea will get airlifted into the top 6 and United will get more funky calls - villa and others will be shafted.

The same crap is happening for the ESL scab teams in every country they play in - Madrid yesterday was just insane, and the audio makes it even worse.

Can’t wait for Ref watch to explain how all the calls and VAR were right.
The first example of that was the lad (Gusto) who went flying in got away with a booking ( FWIW i would like to think it was actually a yellow, but as I've said before the consistency referee's have shown for other divisions it a red)

The player is not in danger of being hurt, the lad dives in at an angle he catches him with his legs not his feet!

He's trying to get inbetween the player and the ball and is just a bit late! Yellow card is fine for that sort of challenge!

I understand were people are coming from like yourself...........as the standard of refereeing/favourability is that it is likely depending on the side/situation/managers/clubs, that could of gone to review etc.

That's my biggest erk at the moment, its not necessarily teams making bad tackles and getting away from them, its the huge transparency in consistency of decisions
Whilst I do agree to some level what you are saying, for me the type of challenge is possibly worthy of a red... Let's agree yellow to red for this one.

I believe that if you jump with 2 feet off the floor at pace and have an action has he does in this example ie straightens his legs after this challenge, then they are not in control.

Let's say that Gomes (or likely someone quicker) steps in front of the ball and the challenge at the last moment to protect the ball..... this challenge would then be fairly similar to the Brewster one on Sunday - That was a clear red card.

I am not sure the contact needs to be there for ultimately it to be deemed as endangering another player.

For me, if you jump into a challenge with both feet at pace then anything can happen, regardless of the angle.

FYI... I do understand the contact comes later and this contact is not overly dangerous..... however, same was said about the Son challenge and see what happened there.

Whilst I do agree to some level what you are saying, for me the type of challenge is possibly worthy of a red... Let's agree yellow to red for this one.

I believe that if you jump with 2 feet off the floor at pace and have an action has he does in this example ie straightens his legs after this challenge, then they are not in control.

Let's say that Gomes (or likely someone quicker) steps in front of the ball and the challenge at the last moment to protect the ball..... this challenge would then be fairly similar to the Brewster one on Sunday - That was a clear red card.

I am not sure the contact needs to be there for ultimately it to be deemed as endangering another player.

For me, if you jump into a challenge with both feet at pace then anything can happen, regardless of the angle.

FYI... I do understand the contact comes later and this contact is not overly dangerous..... however, same was said about the Son challenge and see what happened there.
I agree with most said on what you are saying here! I just didn't see any malice of danger in the Palace one, that could just be me!
If anything, i see a couple of Tarkowski's challenges......our fans would describe them as 'full blooded' or proper challenges, more dangerous (2 against Villa in particular. Its not necessarily his first action, but he's deliberately throwing the rest of his weight 'through' the tackle!
I think thats more likely to hurt someone

1706022987603.png

1706023332603.png

1706023366378.png

We all tohught this one was a stonewall red didnt we?

1706023414987.png

Good old Tarks. He made Garths team of the week :D Although Mr Crooks took a school teacher approach to telling him off for his very very naughty tackles :)

James Tarkowski (Everton): Everton were well up for last weekend's match against Aston Villa - and no-one more so than James Tarkowski. I don't know what he had for his pre-match meal but it must have been rather spicy. The centre-back is a determined and committed defender but it has to be careful. There are too many occasions where I've seen him flying into tackles when his opponent is on the half-turn; Tarkowski takes advantage of the situation by making his challenge dangerously heavy. Such was the case with Moussa Diaby when he left the Villa striker in a heap on the floor and moments later he flattened defender Alex Moreno. He was booked for the challenge and quite rightly. It's clear Tarkowski likes to mix it and there is nothing wrong with that provided he's not trying to hurt people. We had enough of that in the 1970s and 80s.