2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

You don't know that...we have to take chances on young player that have potential. I think we will at the very least get most of the money back in a couple of seasons if he is not the solution to our attacking play.
Sporting Lisbon is one of the biggest and most advanced talent academies in football. If they thought Chermiti had any genuine potential they would have kept him mate. Don't get your hopes up with him.

Sporting Lisbon is one of the biggest and most advanced talent academies in football. If they thought Chermiti had any genuine potential they would have kept him mate. Don't get your hopes up with him.
He made 22 appearances for their first team at the age of 18, so they must have somewhat rated him. He wasn't a total unknown academy kid, he had a decent amount of senior football under his belt for his age.

This argument just doesn't stand up ffp rules across Europe encourage all clubs to sell their academy players
On top of that the Portuguese league is a selling league by its very nature.

He’s working under difficult circumstances however the likes of Brighton make a mockery out of him with the kind of money actually spent

our scouting network (do we have one?)

The young lad from Sporting for example, I guess that was a have now pay much later deal like Beto. We needed immediate impact players.

The whole thing needs ripping up honestly, for every decent signing we make we then bring in one or two duds and it all adds up to what’s on the pitch.

More troubling is given our issues, a few leave in the summer out of contract and that will cost to replace them too.
Our scouts are like all the old over weight fellas sat around the table in the film Moneyball talking about new players.

We paid for that talent in the relatively large fee for someone his age. They put a sell on clause. They had him in the first team as an 18 year old. All of this says they valued him.

We paid for that talent in the relatively large fee for someone his age. They put a sell on clause. They had him in the first team as an 18 year old. All of this says they valued him.

….our monies subsidised the signing of Gyrokeres who they now value at £100m. Effectively, they’ll be paying £10m to Coventry. I said at the time, if Chermiti was on the conveyer belt why do they want to buy Gyrokeres, I think we know the answer now.

Thelwell has brought in 3 strikers. Maupay, Chermiti and Beto. Thats circa £50m. He really needs Chermiti to be an effective first team forward, otherwise that’s a dreadful reflection on his capability as a DoF.

….our monies subsidised the signing of Gyrokeres who they now value at £100m. Effectively, they’ll be paying £10m to Coventry. I said at the time, if Chermiti was on the conveyer belt why do they want to buy Gyrokeres, I think we know the answer now.

Thelwell has brought in 3 strikers. Maupay, Chermiti and Beto. Thats circa £50m. He really needs Chermiti to be an effective first team forward, otherwise that’s a dreadful reflection on his capability as a DoF.
worst striking options in the league