6 + 2 Point Deductions

That doesn’t sound great to be honest. The story was always going to skew away from our incompetence and become all about how we have been targeted due to the lack of new facts, but if that is all true, then some of the things the club was “shocked and disappointed” about weren’t actually much of a shock.

Bored now. Whole thing is a mess. Both sides.
we’re not getting them points back , no way

we’re not getting them points back , no way
It’s a worry. That response does read like they are telling Carney et al they have fallen for a narrative. Wouldn’t be the first time they have spouted rubbish or lies, but the tone is very steadfast if we hoping they say their rules are flawed, very sorry for any inconvenience caused, have some points back.

Battle lines well and truly drawn.

Of course FFP isn’t fit for purpose never was and no matter how much you tweak it the dice were always loaded to the those clubs that generate the most revenue. But that has always been the case . The clubs where owners are prepared to put in their hard earned have for many a year inflated a clubs revenue.
When the 90% to 80% to 70% squad cost limits come in it’s going to prove far more advantageous to the bigger generating clubs than the £105 million limit.

Not that long ago clubs voted to do away with the long established rule of sharing match day income that was all about self interest. Clubs voted to introduce the PL that was about self interest.

But the fact that you simply can’t avoid is the clubs by the 75% majority voted for the introduction of all the changes

Should Chelsea, should Man Utd, should Everton be allowed to spend £1.5 million ? Of course they should.

The only involvement the league should have in all this is to ensure losses are franked by the owner, debt levels should be franked by the owner. There should be absolutely no upper limit how much debt an owner converts to equity then you would get far more transparency.
This i agree with totally.

They’re lashing out as the media and message is starting to turn. They know Everton have support, they know we’re lawyered up, they know there’s holes all over their “policies”, they know the Government is watching them. It’s deflection

They’re championing their independent panels which only a fool would believe are independent. They are picked, employed and engaged by the Premier League

They still talk about Everton’s transfer spending ignoring the elephant in the room that’s the stadium
That was the small amount that pushed us over the edge. The club have pushed that narrative and now everyone is behind "we're being victimised for building a stadium". If we'd been run properly, a small dispute over interest payments wouldn't have been a problem

Of course FFP isn’t fit for purpose never was and no matter how much you tweak it the dice were always loaded to the those clubs that generate the most revenue. But that has always been the case . The clubs where owners are prepared to put in their hard earned have for many a year inflated a clubs revenue.
When the 90% to 80% to 70% squad cost limits come in it’s going to prove far more advantageous to the bigger generating clubs than the £105 million limit.

Not that long ago clubs voted to do away with the long established rule of sharing match day income that was all about self interest. Clubs voted to introduce the PL that was about self interest.

But the fact that you simply can’t avoid is the clubs by the 75% majority voted for the introduction of all the changes

Should Chelsea, should Man Utd, should Everton be allowed to spend £1.5 million ? Of course they should.

The only involvement the league should have in all this is to ensure losses are franked by the owner, debt levels should be franked by the owner. There should be absolutely no upper limit how much debt an owner converts to equity then you would get far more transparency.

They voted for some regulation that needed to be implemented. The clubs didn't go to the league and ask for what they wanted because nothing would get done. They agreed a whimsical plan with no defined punishments on the main basis of not being over the £105mill loss threshold over a rolling 3 years.

This was 2013 wasn't it? A lot has happened since then world wide which has clearly had a knock on effect not just for us but for all clubs in the league. Owners aren't entirely keen on it. The league know it's not working and are completely removing it soon.

The "clubs voted for it" isn't a valid argument to say it's what they all wanted - they voted for something that needed to be brought in. But if it was working, it wouldn't change.

I think its easy to think been an Everton Fan that we wont get any back, as we always think the worst - Most of the time it comes true. But i expect points back - how many i dont know, but i to be honest am not expecting them all back, even though we probably should get all back. and it be for me changed to a Fine/transfer ban, which i stick to is what i always thought and expected.