Handball ref? Ref?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah in isolation you might be able to make a case for it, but when you go side by side with the Robinson and Onana decisions that goes out the window. They just move the rules and calls how they see fit and how they want things to go.
Exactly. There's a case for both to be penalties, and there's a case for neither to be penalties. Consistency would be much better, as we so often appear to be on the wrong end of both sides.

It’s 100% a penalty, yet again shame on the media for not even talking about it. I drove to work this morning and not a single mention of it on Talksport, if that’s Liverpool it is spoken about every 5 minutes. It’s a blanket ban against Everton until we get relegated.

I also think Beto had a good shout. When he was kicked as he swung for the ball. Any knowledgable player goes down screaming and gets the pen. He was too honest.

I would absolutely LOVE to see the cryarsing on here if that last night was given against us.

PGMOL on the Onana pen v City: "The VAR looks at it to see if it's clear and obviously wrong and he's not going to come to that conclusion when he sees the arm up by the side of the head, blocking a shot towards goal and therefore it's a credible penalty kick outcome."

So yes, that is my actual take on handball.

I wouldn't want to see it give against us, but, that's the mess they've made of the rules unfortunately. Onanas hand was in a more natural position than Robinsons, in neither case was the ball on a goal bound trajectory (not that that's a rule anyway), Onana has less time to react than Robinson, neither were intentional.

The problem is, that in the case of the law as it is written, Robinsons handball was more of a penalty that Onanas, yet one was given, one wasn't.

I'm looking at it from the position of did it provide Fulham with any advantage or did it disadvantage us in any way? The answer to both is no. So I don't understand how it could've been a pen, particularly after a dodgy bounce off the bar that unintentionally hits his arm.
Just out of interest, if a ball is being crossed in, hits an opposition hand and drops directly to an attacking player, that it wouldn't have dropped to originally who has a shot on target that the keeper saves. Based upon what you've said above, is that a penalty, or is it no penalty because it actually provided them with a better opportunity?

Just out of interest, if a ball is being crossed in, hits an opposition hand and drops directly to an attacking player, that it wouldn't have dropped to originally who has a shot on target that the keeper saves. Based upon what you've said above, is that a penalty, or is it no penalty because it actually provided them with a better opportunity?

Well that's the advantage rule that we see applied outside the box all the time. No idea how it works inside the penalty area.

Given that nobody in our team can actually hit the target I wouldn’t worry about it. The only person ruing that decision is the fella in his canoe on the Thames waiting for one of our players to sky the ball over the stadium and in to his mitts.

Can't believe this discussion. It happened quickly so the ref didn;t see it clearly. But - VAR should have spotted it and his arm is miles from his body and it should have been referred for the ref to review again. If he had have reviewed again he gives a penalty, 100%. WE were robbed again - but as has been said - it's only Everton isn't it.

Ball to hand. Not hand to ball.

Even Dyche in the press conference said he'd have been annoyed if it was given against us.
I don’t know what game you watched but the ball came off the bar and the players outstretched arm hit the ball. That’s hand to ball and it’s a penalty. The player did not have his arms down by his sides. It was almost as if he was lifting his arms up to put on his head in despair as the ball was about to go in. He then hit the back which slowed the ball and allowed another defended to clear. It’s 100% a penalty and anyone that thinks it wasn’t is wrong.

I don’t know what game you watched but the ball came off the bar and the players outstretched arm hit the ball. That’s hand to ball and it’s a penalty. The player did not have his arms down by his sides. It was almost as if he was lifting his arms up to put on his head in despair as the ball was about to go in. He then hit the back which slowed the ball and allowed another defended to clear. It’s 100% a penalty and anyone that thinks it wasn’t is wrong.

So our manager is wrong, the commentators are wrong, lots of other Evertonians I've spoken to are wrong.

The play is running back to his goal, you move your arms when you run (if you knew that) and the ball last second smacked the crossbar and bounced back. He didn't have time to move them anywhere - people don't run with their arms glued to their sides.

Be better. Support clearer calls.

We need to go back to the days of ‘deliberate’ hand ball only as an offence. It takes away nearly all the ambiguity. Unless a player deliberately moves his hand towards the ball, no matter where or what position his arm is in, it’s not a foul
"Deliberate" handball is nonsense too.

That requires you to know the player's thought process at the time?

Clear and obvious handball and penalty. Arm was not in a natural position at his side and was actually closer to horizontal meaning it had to be moving towards the ball. It is not even questionable and any other club gets awarded a penalty. There is a very blatant agenda against Everton from both the PL and the PGMOL.
Every arm unless it's been blown off in battle is in a natural position. Up, down, left, right, right angles whatever, all natural..

It's deliberately vague to justify giving pens in some cases and waving them away in other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.