6 + 2 Point Deductions

Would be nice, but the major problem is countries like Saudi would just swoop in and take everyone, teams are able to pay massive wages in europe so most players aren't swayed by the Saudi/Chinese league etc, take that away and most people would just go there.
So what?

Let them go. If they're happy playing to average crowds of 3 or 4k each week (unless it's a 'derby' and they might get 15/20) it's up to them.

It would still be a relatively even playing field here. Thats all that matters.

Edit: The day you worry more about what other leagues will do is the day you've lost faith in your own.

They don't want this unfortunately

I genuinely do not understand why they wouldn't?

You look at Man City, Chelsea, PSG, have all been 'New' clubs to the table......who have brought them great exposure regardless of history or fanbase!

Atletico Madrid, Inter etc were all sleeping giants.......until they managed a couple of CL qualifications too generate some income to make themselves relevant again....................you could argue the same would be for Liverpool around 2012-2013! The champions league qualification money made them successful again, not 'prestige' or 'being a big club'

Why would they shut out clubs like Marseille, Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Rangers, PSV, Feyenoord, Dortmund, Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe etc etc were all these clubs are marketable and have outstanding history & fanbases!

Even your build them up clubs are marketable, it would be no different to what it has done with City & Chelsea..........i just dont understand why they would want to close the shop and not make it more even & competitive?

I genuinely do not understand why they wouldn't?

You look at Man City, Chelsea, PSG, have all been 'New' clubs to the table......who have brought them great exposure regardless of history or fanbase!

Atletico Madrid, Inter etc were all sleeping giants.......until they managed a couple of CL qualifications too generate some income to make themselves relevant again....................you could argue the same would be for Liverpool around 2012-2013! The champions league qualification money made them successful again, not 'prestige' or 'being a big club'

Why would they shut out clubs like Marseille, Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Rangers, PSV, Feyenoord, Dortmund, Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe etc etc were all these clubs are marketable and have outstanding history & fanbases!

Even your build them up clubs are marketable, it would be no different to what it has done with City & Chelsea..........i just dont understand why they would want to close the shop and not make it more even & competitive?
The biggest teams want to stay the biggest teams and they're the ones with the power. If you add more teams into the mix their power gets weakened and that isn't what they want thats why they brought things like FFP in in the first place thats why they're scared of a breakaway league because if the biggest clubs feel their position is threatened they might just start their own super league and reduce the appeal of the champions league.

So what?

Let them go. If they're happy playing to average crowds of 3 or 4k each week (unless it's a 'derby' and they might get 15/20) it's up to them.

It would still be a relatively even playing field here. Thats all that matters.

Edit: The day you worry more about what other leagues will do is the day you've lost faith in your own.

Of course it matters, if most of the top players in europe follow the money to Saudi or wherever, the TV companies won't pay much for the rights, asif in a million years uefa, the PL etc would allow that to happen.

I'm all for it myself, as you say iy would make the leagues more competitive, just saying it would never happen

The biggest teams want to stay the biggest teams and they're the ones with the power. If you add more teams into the mix their power gets weakened and that isn't what they want thats why they brought things like FFP in in the first place thats why they're scared of a breakaway league because if the biggest clubs feel their position is threatened they might just start their own super league and reduce the appeal of the champions league.
Perfectly obvious that the ultimate goal for the prem and the elite club owners is a guarenteed revenue stream, as you suggest competition without complete control doesn't give them that.