6 + 2 Point Deductions

There has been zero new info since the IC report came out and the club were shocked and surprised, and yet the reasons and details flooding the internet change every hour.

Spending cash on a stadium has no impact on profit and loss, its capital investment, no impact on PSR. Interest on loans specifically for the purposes of stadium construction are deductible for PSR.

Interest on loans that supposedly are precluded for use on stadium expenditure but saying “if we used the other loan or Mosh’s interest free loan we wouldn’t have needed that loan that wasn’t for the stadium so we are going to allocate that interest anyway” is where we have made a mess it seems.

We haven’t been as shafted on loan interest as is often made out, CFO and Mosh cocked up but for genuine commercial reasons, so it still should be taken as genuine mitigation. They also sought to not mention any of this according to the report, with the commission concluding that it was always going to be discovered, so we were less than transparent. I think that was viewed very very badly.

I also find it weird we took loans out that supposedly say the funds can’t be used on the stadium. I would rather loan someone cash that is going into a permanent and wonderful asset rather than paying Benitez and Sammy Lee off. Odd one that.

I think our argument is fair that it was just commercially better to allocate the loan monies as was best for the club. But we did hand them loan agreements which proved our overspend as per the letter of the rules.

That all said, points deduction is still wildly inappropriate when you are talking about the wording of loan agreements.
It’s just so maddening. It’s just numbers in columns and if certain numbers moved to certain columns we’d probably be fine. Even though it would make no real difference to us as a business.

And yeah it’s sloppy and naive and it’s presented the with an opportunity to hammer us. But equally they could recognise the value of our project and that, however the numbers are arranged, on a broader perspective but for the stadium project we’d probably be fine or at least much closer to fine. They just choose not to.

….why Everton?

It’s something raised by a few & somebody on here suggested Masters and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke are buddies. Kroenke appeared in conflict with Moshiri/Usmanov in their Arsenal days so perhaps this might be something worth exploring.
They're trying to stave off independent regulation and have found an opportunity, but have carried it out in a spectacularly cack handed way. That is pretty obvious.

As far as the conspiracy theories go, I think this one may be one of the silliest.

That Church Chambers article was very much questioning just how independent the supposed ‘Independent Commission’ really was? We agreed to rules stating that an independent commission would oversee the punishment, but if said commission is found to lack independence, then that COULD be grounds for litigation!

I also agree with those that are alluding to the invalidity of contracts that are at odds with company law and could be considered ‘anti competitive’ etc. This type of argument posits that the P&S agreement between the 20 PL clubs is worthless and invalid as it doesn’t correspond with company law! This is an argument that definitely could lead to lawsuits in real court rooms imo.

Masters needs to be taken to task on his reference to the make up of the Independent Commission in his reply to DCMS.
The panel has been led by David Phillips KC, who is not only a member of the FA judicial panel but also the FA Premier League Panel. On that basis, one might wonder how he could be regarded as independent at all in this matter. That’s before we add in Nick Igoe the former WHU finance director.

Surely that section of the Masters statement is going to be challenged.

They're trying to stave off independent regulation and have found an opportunity, but have carried it out in a spectacularly cack handed way. That is pretty obvious.

As far as the conspiracy theories go, I think this one may be one of the silliest.
Exactly. I don’t think there is a specific anti-Everton conspiracy. What there is is indifference towards the fate of 14 of the 20 member clubs, and a willingness to use them as political pawns.

They needed someone to screw and at that moment we blundered into their path with our trousers round our ankles.

….why Everton?

They don't like the status we hold as stakeholders? It's something I've pondered for a while, but always stopped short of putting the tin foil hat on.

I've recently noticed Rick Parry bringing up the subject of certain PL clubs having more of a vote than others. I'm now wondering how widely this has been discussed amongst the scabs, and do they view us as a fly in the ointment?

Regardless of outcomes, the main thing that has come out of all this thanks to the Premier League themselves and which i doubt anyone in the country would dispute is that the Premier League is ran like an absolute shambles and is more of a Mafia type organisation than anything resembling a reputable organisation. Everton's very poor running looks good compared to these utter helmets.

….why Everton?

It’s something raised by a few & somebody on here suggested Masters and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke are buddies. Kroenke appeared in conflict with Moshiri/Usmanov in their Arsenal days so perhaps this might be something worth exploring.
Nah. It's just because we're big enough to be a story, but not big enough to damage the brand.

Everton being in a relegation fight is more exciting than the 3 promoted teams sinking without a trace. If we were better run, it would be another team getting dragged into it.

The premier league isn't corrupt because it's against Everton. It is corrupt because it is against everyone who isn't one of their 6 cash cows.

The mentality of some our fans makes me sick to my stomach. Defeatist little cowards aren’t we. Would bend over and accept anything thrown at us to save actually bothering to fight our own corner. “Everton that”. Grow up you little scrotes.
That goes for the British public as a whole. Spineless.

If we get lumbered with another points deduction, which would guarantee relegation, I’d love it if Everton started a massive sulk.

Literally stop all external communication, don’t turn up to matches, lights off at Goodison when opposition coaches turn up etc.

It’d be glorious, bringing the PL in to disrepute in the most embarrassing way and totally undermining the integrity of this season’s competition.

The points deduction and relegation would probably lead to the liquidation of the club, so no point in worrying about further penalties for a failure to fulfil our obligations.