6 + 2 Point Deductions

It’s the reason we have an asterisk. Our current point total is under appeal and therefor no team should be silly enough to assume its right, wrong, staying the same or going up or down. Win your own games and see what happens. Stupid situation but not our fault. Every club should be trying to win every game.
Never said it was our fault. Dont know why anyone believes i am. Im saying the PL have messed us about and in doing so messed around other teams. I dont understand how everyone's being so blinkered towards it. Surely having more teams upset with the PL higher ups the better. More ammo to sack those current running it.

I’m not sure about negotiating but I reckon Everton have gone in really hard on this after trying to be compliant with the first hearing and getting shafted. This is literally life and death to us at this stage so they’ll be “all in”

A big boy KC doesn’t take that case on just to sit in the room and lose. He’s there for a very specific purpose which is to ask very awkward questions, ask why the mitigations weren't considered, get it overturned and put legal arguments on the table that threaten the league via the “IC” if they don’t. He’ll have been showing them case law, precedents that fit the “crime” and outlining what happens if we don’t get the points back.

The premier league and masters do not want their brand affected by people suing them. The piece in the athletic last week about their legal costs was deliberately placed there to show how much it’s costing defending against the “bad boy clubs”

What’s the bet if we get our points back the narrative is “they’ve got rich owners and better lawyers”
Not sure what the reqction would be, i think would be more teams looking at city thinking they will get no punishment. Even tho i think that with the current punishment to us, no way will they be able to do this to city

Never said it was our fault. Dont know why anyone believes i am. Im saying the PL have messed us about and in doing so messed around other teams. I dont understand how everyone's being so blinkered towards it. Surely having more teams upset with the PL higher ups the better. More ammo to sack those current running it.
Is more about the situation everton is in for me once the club is hopefully safe then i am all for it.

Think its a bit ignorant to say they have no right to be aggrieved. I think they have every right. And their disdain shpuld be directed at the PL for how they handled matters. Its been a royal s show for all, but more so for us, obviously.
Its not ignorant i'm telling you I can understand that they'll be a bit annoyed but they haven't actually been wronged in any way at all they have no right to be aggrieved. It would be like being aggrieved because the waiter in the restaurant told you you already paid your bill when you knew you hadn't but then before you left they said oh no actually you need to pay it now. You're just being put back in the situation you should have been in all along but for a minute you thought you'd got lucky you can't start kicking up a fuss saying your meal should be free.

About Luton. I'd get it if they were miffed, but they keep on bringing up the -30.... what a bunch of bellwhiffs trying to use that as a benchmark.

Yes it was shitty for them to be basically relegated before a season had even begun, but look at the heights they've climbed since.

It's a damn miracle they're even here. Scunthorpe were in the second tier while they were getting the crap kicked out of them by Ebbsfleet. A bit of perspective needed for some of the madder hatters out there.

Mate, im not trying to validate or justify the situation, im just saying Luton and other teams around us can rightly be annoyed with how this has been handled. They've been told one thing for it to potentially be taken away. Anyone can be upset with that.
I think that if the PL let this go to the closing weeks of the season, or beyond, with hearings and appeals still flying around they will have let down all the clubs. The timetable for the new Everton & Forest charges is crazy.

But in the meantime Luton and any other club down there needs to proceed on the assumption that everyone has the points they won on the pitch. Win more points than three other teams and there’s no issue for them. Don’t and you’re not entitled to anything other than relegation even if off-field hearings rescue you from it. That’s a bonus not a right.

Mate, im not trying to validate or justify the situation, im just saying Luton and other teams around us can rightly be annoyed with how this has been handled. They've been told one thing for it to potentially be taken away. Anyone can be upset with that.

They have no right. They haven't had points taken away. They haven't been put through a sham process. Our name has an asterisk next to it for a reason: there is an appeal to be heard. It is not final. If it was final, there would be no need for the asterisk.

If they're basing their plans on us losing 10 points, they're just as stupid as our financial planners and accountants.

Think its a bit ignorant to say they have no right to be aggrieved. I think they have every right. And their disdain shpuld be directed at the PL for how they handled matters. Its been a royal s show for all, but more so for us, obviously.
Why do they have a right to be aggrieved? You just assert that with no justification. Whatever happens now has no impact on how they play for the rest of the season. They need to win every game they play. So, they can't argue they would act differently depending on if the deduction applies or not. They are fully aware that there is an appeal and there is a possibility we will receive some or all of the points back. I just don't see any argument whatsoever. It's like claiming a team has a right to feel aggrieved if an offside goal is awarded by the ref but then correctly overturned by VAR.

Its not ignorant i'm telling you I can understand that they'll be a bit annoyed but they haven't actually been wronged in any way at all they have no right to be aggrieved. It would be like being aggrieved because the waiter in the restaurant told you you already paid your bill when you knew you hadn't but then before you left they said oh no actually you need to pay it now. You're just being put back in the situation you should have been in all along but for a minute you thought you'd got lucky you can't start kicking up a fuss saying your meal should be free.
Okay so you agree they should be on the spectrum of annoyance, but you think its lower down that what I'm saying? I aren't going to argue about levels if we are somewhat on the same page.