6 + 2 Point Deductions

Mate, im not trying to validate or justify the situation, im just saying Luton and other teams around us can rightly be annoyed with how this has been handled. They've been told one thing for it to potentially be taken away. Anyone can be upset with that.
As upset as having a 10 point penalty issued with immediate effect, before any appeal and without any written down explanation?

Goalposts moved, they think they are here, then they move to here after no games have been played, all because the PL p***ed about. How could they not?

They shouldn’t “think they are here”, because they’ve won 9 less points than us in actual football matches. If we get points returned that we’ve rightfully won and then have won back again on appeal, what grounds do they have to complain? We’re not being awarded an extra 10 points, they are our points!

“After no games have been played”, well they have been played, and we got 10 points from them.

I think everyone accepts that they'll be annoyed they're not exactly going to be cracking the champagne open if we put them in the relegation zone are they but that doesn't mean they have any legitimate right to be annoyed thats the point that literally only you don't seem to get.
I dont understand what you mean mate. Sounds like a contradiction unless I'm not getting what you are trying to say

Goalposts moved, they think they are here, then they move to here after no games have been played, all because the PL p***ed about. How could they not?
But there are not currently three teams who have won less points on the football pitch than Luton

They don't deserve to be out of the bottom 3 currently. If the season finished right now they would stay up, but certainly not on merit.

The argument they have every right to be upset makes no sense from a sporting perspective

In other posts I try explain how they can feel that the goalposts have been moved. I aren't going to repeat that in ever reply mate.
You've just pivoted from one type of assertion with justification to a different type of assertion without justification. If the entire world misprinted the league table for the entire season and incorrectly put our points down as 10 less then they may have a reason to complain because completely unexpectedly we would then be 10 points ahead of them when the error was discovered. But that didn't happen. They know why the table reads as it does (which is a matter completely unrelated to them) and they know we have appealed and it might be subject to further change. You have absolutely no argument.

From a pure sporting perspective, everyone from Brentford on down has at least some cause to be upset with how the PL has handled this. It's now mid-February, and nobody has even the slightest clue what the target for survival is this year.

Depending on our appeal, possible further deductions, and what happens with Forest, it may be us, Forest, Burnley and Sheff U cut completely adrift and fighting for one survival spot with everyone else completely safe. Alternatively, if we get were to get all our points back, and Forest don't lose any either, we're safe already, and teams like Brentford and Palace are immediately drawn fully in a relegation battle they didn't really know they were fighting. Also, if there are additional deductions and inevitable appeals, it's easy to imagine this state of affairs dragging into April or May.

The whole situation has made a complete farce of the league this season.
Exactly the point I'm trying to make. Thank you

From a pure sporting perspective, everyone from Brentford on down has at least some cause to be upset with how the PL has handled this. It's now mid-February, and nobody has even the slightest clue what the target for survival is this year.

Depending on our appeal, possible further deductions, and what happens with Forest, it may be us, Forest, Burnley and Sheff U cut completely adrift and fighting for one survival spot with everyone else completely safe. Alternatively, if we get were to get all our points back, and Forest don't lose any either, we're safe already, and teams like Brentford and Palace are immediately drawn fully in a relegation battle they didn't really know they were fighting. Also, if there are additional deductions and inevitable appeals, it's easy to imagine this state of affairs dragging into April or May.

The whole situation has made a complete farce of the league this season.
They should all assume no points deductions. It's pretty simple.

Think its a bit ignorant to say they have no right to be aggrieved. I think they have every right. And their disdain shpuld be directed at the PL for how they handled matters. Its been a royal s show for all, but more so for us, obviously.

Towards the Premier League? maybe.. but certainly not to us. They should be under no illusions who the better team of the two is regardless - we've won 9 more points than them as things stand.

No other teams have been messed about though. You keep asserting they have but they haven't.

It doesn't have to be a competition of who shpuld be more annoyed. All teams can be annoyed worh the situation mate.

Hope they will be annoyed and it means we have all points back, the whole league can be i dont care.

We earned 10 more points on the pitch than we currently have in the standings. Luton has zero argument about it. If they were banking on staying up because a team got a points deduction they shouldn't be up here anyways. Win games, stay in the league.

I mean, it's Luton like: they're an airport away from being about as relevant as a Discman.

Still... they came into the PL knowing they'd need to get around 35 points to stay up. Our penalty wouldn't have made much difference to that. Whatever the outcome of the appeal, they have the same objective.