New Everton Stadium Discussion

Saw a pic of our stadium taken from over the water. Had Analfield behind with an angle, telephoto or photoshopped to really tower over our new stadium. Looking a fair bit higher. Have they nothing better to do?

I know BMD is a billion times better than their pit*, but anyone got any good photos of this angle, just to make sure? :)

*annoyingly, when I show people how good BMD is or tell them about it. Why is the very first thing they ask is “whats its capacity? Like that is the ultimate metric when gauging how good a stadium is!

Saw a pic of our stadium taken from over the water. Had Analfield behind with an angle, telephoto or photoshopped to really tower over our new stadium. Looking a fair bit higher. Have they nothing better to do?

I know BMD is a billion times better than their pit*, but anyone got any good photos of this angle, just to make sure? :)

*annoyingly, when I show people how good BMD is or tell them about it. Why is the very first thing they ask is “whats its capacity? Like that is the ultimate metric when gauging how good a stadium is!

We will have better views and bigger seats, I'd rather be a comfortable supporter than a scrunched up Sardine. Our new stadium without doubt is a thing of beauty theirs is an eyesore.

Probably because it's the most relevant question to ask regarding a venue that is designed to accommodate a large number of people to watch an event. What other questions are immediately obvious?

Most obvious questions
  1. Is there a cannon installed on the roof which can fire additional footballs on to the pitch if the opposition are about to score or are dominating the possession and territory? Gives the ref no option but to blow for a stoppage to remove the excess balls, disrupting the general flow of the opposition's play.
  2. What capacity is it?
  3. I know Everton are famous for playing in royal blue and white, but what colour will the seats be at their new purpose-built, on-brand stadium?

Just walked past for the first time of a night time. Walked from the city centre. Looks seriously impressive as you approach. Couple of observations. Firstly, a lot of the black plastic protection has been taken off the east stand to reveal windows. Not the industrial ones but windows nonetheless. On another note, with the trucks flying past, the industrial nature of the area, the silos etc it reminded me of my first ever visit to Old Trafford for the replay against Altrincham in the mid 70's when I was a kid. That was a night game.

Anfield is built 207ft above sea level, BMD is literally one of the lowest points of the city.

It will always tower over BMD if seen in the background unfortunately

Anfield is built 207ft above sea level, BMD is literally one of the lowest points of the city.

It will always tower over BMD if seen in the background unfortunately

Indeed, the fact it is on higher ground makes it seem bigger. If you were to put them side by side, ours would be by far the larger building. Not the tallest as their roof truss tops out at just over 50m, that's just one skinny part of the stadium poking out though. Our roof line is more or less the same height as back of that stand, but of course ours is the same for the entire stadium. Their AR stand is in the mid 30 metres range and then it drops down for the KD one and further again for the kop.