6 + 2 Point Deductions

Based on nothing other than my own belief I think the delay is more positive than negative.

I think that if the decision was just one of endorsing the original verdict with no mitigation they we may by now.

The fact that it is taking longer I am hoping means the decision is much more difficult and they need to be careful their decision is bullet proof in case it ends up in the courts.

I would be sceptical about the panel being in cahoots with the PL about sanctions as that would be very murky waters for everybody.

EPL would want to get on top of the story act swiftly and be confident in initial ruling. The delay makes me believe they have made an absolute mess of it and don't know what to do. Whatever they do the hole they have dug for us has ended up with them in it... (I hope)

About 33% of our season we will have played with this hanging over our head since we were charged.

13 games (and counting), not including cup games.

How can you be in a competition where you are charged, you appeal the decision but are still waiting after 30% of the season has passed?

How doesn't that decision get fast tracked so that financially the club doesn't suffer (as I forecasting what League we'll be in, losing potential sponsorship clients, uncertainty around signings), the fans suffer, the players suffer and the clubs reputation suffers.

It's absolutely scandalous that it's taken this long and still no answer.

13 League games and counting with a potential docked 10 points hanging over your head.

Shameful from the PL

I've been thinking about this, and I think the problem is they are a lazy organisation that's never been tested.

They've sat there for decades, getting fat on the TV money, benefiting from the football the clubs play and the global appetite for it without actually doing anything.

They have never had to be intelligent or thoughtful about anything.

Success has come with next to no effort.

I don't know whether it's arrogance or ignorance - or a combination of the two - but now they find themselves having to make an intelligent and nuanced decision about how best to enforce these rules without the tools to do so.

They clearly don't have the capability to do that within their lazy, hubristic corporate culture.

I've been thinking about this, and I think the problem is they are a lazy organisation that's never been tested.

They've sat there for decades, getting fat on the TV money, benefiting from the football the clubs play and the global appetite for it without actually doing anything.

They have never had to be intelligent or thoughtful about anything.

Success has come with next to no effort.

I don't know whether it's arrogance or ignorance - or a combination of the two - but now they find themselves having to make an intelligent and nuanced decision about how best to enforce these rules without the tools to do so.

They clearly don't have the capability to do that within their lazy, hubristic corporate culture.
As much as I thought Scudamore was a slimy get he was a very skilled political operator managing to gain consensus behind the scenes…he would never have let this situation get this far.

As much as I thought Scudamore was a slimy get he was a very skilled political operator managing to gain consensus behind the scenes…he would never have let this situation get this far.
Yeah, I guess he was the standout.

He helped get them where they are - and Masters has waltzed in thinking everything is easy and they'll never have to exercise any intelligence.

Yeah, I guess he was the standout.

He helped get them where they are - and Masters has waltzed in thinking everything is easy and they'll never have to exercise any intelligence.
Masters was 4th choice as the other 3 preferred candidates turned it down
Masters also worked for the RS and Utd

We should be able to be concentrating the normal footy stuff like Saturdays game with Brighton, and other matches to come, what injuries we have, who Dyche will pick, tactics.

Dunno about you all but this normal stuff is the last thing on my mind due to the farce of the premier leagues making.

I felt like that for the first time against palace, inside the ground, and I think the players did for the first time - kind of detached from the action and unfocused due to this mess, who can blame them or us really.

Hope Dyche can find a way to refocus them as they are gonna have to do it on the pitch starting on Saturday

I am really starting to hate whatever this sport is supposed to be - it isn't football.

Friday is usually the day you make people redundant. If it's tomorrow, it'll be bad news.
Friday afternoon news dump seems like the obvious way to go here for the league to avoid as much attention as possible.

Things will be uncomfortable for them no matter the result of the appeal and they will prefer to press send, turn their phones off and head to the pub.