6 + 2 Point Deductions

Moyes did an absolutely fantastic job though. We had a team full of really good players, generally bought for very little, with a lot of character and were best of the rest for a long time.

We have generally been absolutely terrible since he left despite us spending funds he could only ever dream of having. Imagine a Moyes team with Lukaku in it.

For me it was two things with moyes - he never even attempted to win the big games. You knew he was trying for a 0-0 and would then settle for a 1-0 defeat. Then second once he'd signed for Man Utd he should have been thanked then told to leave immediately. Instead we gave him a send off as if he was going to manage Barcelona. Instead of going to a supposed competitor and then he tried to shaft us a week later with that derisory bid for Baines and Fellaini.

Still think it's an absolute joke we've any deduction given the mitigating circumstances....

Also surely this means that forest will surely be hit with 6 pounts too?

Would anyone be surprised if we got another 6 resulting in the 12 the prem originally wanted?

Hopefully we follow spurs lead and take it further, it took them two appeals but they got all theirs back

How do you get that mate?

Just have a feeling. They've thrown out all our arguments against reducing the breach, so we have breached again in terms of that 2nd charge. This means it's 6 points, but reading the judgement on appeal it will go down a couple on the evidence of showing we are trying to comply by the latest season being less than the last.

I still resent any point deduction at all.

And this, in my view, keeps us open to a further deduction on the second charge.

So although the table looks better than it did this morning I'm still disgusted with the PL and their 'process'.
I've always been against points deductions for financial crimes of the owners, we've seen it send clubs to the wall and communities lose out massively. At the very least what we need now is a structured procedure with defined punishments.

The big one is that they felt we weren't being honest and acting in good faith, whilst the new panel thought we were being honest and acting in good faith

That might help with the second charge, or it might not

I suppose the hope is that if we're seen to being upfront and making genuine efforts to get the books balanced correctly, the panel on the second charge might go easy on us because a further points deduction just puts us right back in the mire and undoes all the work we've done to become compliant, and as we're acting honestly it wouldn't be justified to hit us even harder
This was my main take away from reading the original findings.

They said there was no allegation being made that we were dishonest. But they said we had not acted in good faith.

And that seemed like a clear contradiction to me. I couldn't get my head around it.