2023/24 Sean Dyche

One can accept that the position in the table is not entirely the manager's fault without completely excusing inadequate overall performance. Managers have to be evaluated in an ongoing manner. Let's say hypothetically, that a manager came in and got 35 points in the first half of the season and then 5 in the entire second half. The team stays up with that, but is any club or any group of fans on earth happy with that manager? Of course not.

What you're essentially saying is that the current, very extensive run of poor form that shows no sign of abating is completely irrelevant, because we got some results earlier in the season.
His MO is to keep us in the league until Bramley Moore. We're borrowing money to pay players wages. Things are grim. Simple as.

The thing is you cant really create more chances like today. What other way is going to present you chances right in front of goal that are going to be buried?
We've just got to many players with no cutting edge or instinct in front of goal. If i honestly thought that could be coached on the training ground i'd be all over it in agreement. As much as nobody wants to hear it after a result like today. Some of the players need to take responsiblity. Like 1-0 up. McNeil. less than 6 yards out in the middle of the goal. Bury the fking thing. 2-0.
So lame in front of goal.

Yes McNeill should've buried his. Was the game right there. Most of the others were just snapshots outside the box that Aerola should be saving. Best save today was the looped effort from Beto, that was a very good save.

And of course the penalty....if you're going to whinge all season about not getting awarded penalties then it's a bit of a futile complaint if you can't score the one you do get.

Chris you've only ever contributed to this forum with giving out about absolutely everyone and anything. I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment from you. You absolutely love when Everton are doing terrible and it's why you're back on the forum now
It is ste, like you well know we’ve been steam rolling teams since December, progressed in the cup by beating Luton and are on course for Europe until todays result

then I reappeared like the Candyman

I’m not sure on the who’s fault is it. But I do think there is a correlation between us making reactive/late subs and is conceding goals towards the end of the game.

And that is 100% on the manager.

Surely no one can take issue with what he's saying there?
He's clearly at the end of his tether. He knows he's being let down dangerously by players he has stood behind; DCL, McNeill etc.

I'm pleased to hear what he said because he is speaking with clarity there. He's not ducking responsibility and he's not allowing his players to duck it either. He's rightly furious, because the powder-puff finishing from too many players is endangering the club's status and his job.

Looks like Beto has won his place, though, for now. Sean might reflect - if things go well - that he was too slow to give Beto a chance. But it's early days. Incoming 3-0 defeat at United to get through first. Bournemouth will become a huge game then.

He's clearly at the end of his tether. He knows he's being let down dangerously by players he has stood behind; DCL, McNeill etc.

I'm pleased to hear what he said because he is speaking with clarity there. He's not ducking responsibility and he's not allowing his players to duck it either. He's rightly furious, because the powder-puff finishing from too many players is endangering the club's status and his job.

Looks like Beto has won his place, though, for now. Sean might reflect - if things go well - that he was too slow to give Beto a chance. But it's early days. Incoming 3-0 defeat at United to get through first. Bournemouth will become a huge game then.
No Martial for them so I'm hopeful for a draw