2023/24 Sean Dyche

It's all about results, isn't it?

This is the form table since we last won a game on 16th December against Burnley;

View attachment 247927

If our next 10 games are the same as the last - we go down.

... up next,

Man Utd Away
Bournemouth Away
Newcastle Away
Burnley Home

... if we don't get a win/5+ points from those, that would be 14 league games without a win - too many.

You'd then have to decide whether we trust a manager to force the issue and start winning games or press the panic button.

I really do worry about our mentality at Goodison, and Dyches' football going into these the likes of Burnley, Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd with the pressure of needing to win. We can't do %, negative football at home because they'll dig in deep, and we won't have the quality in the final third and we'll bottle it.

He was spot on with his last comments - it's his, and his coaching teams responsibility as much as any to start scoring goals but the worry is;
  • Dyche has coached 303 games in the Premier League his teams have scored 297 goals in those games, less than 1 goal a game.
There'd have to be a caretaker ready to step in.

I wouldn't be confident in the club's ability to appoint a permanent replacement in time for next season, never mind the run-in.

7 goals scored. Least amount in the league. So so poor.

And that's the thing - it's so low, waffling on about xG or other nerd data wont do it. Dyche admitted as much after West Ham.

The reality is - he's absolutely murdered Calvert-Lewin, and isn't able to get anything out of 3 other players they've paid £50m+ for in Beto £30m, Chermiti £15m and Danjuma (assume a few million loan fee?)

Not to mention Harrison who has gone well off the boil, and McNeil has been well below par.

Fingers can be pointed at the players and rightly so, but when so many players are off their game - there's not one player in the final third I'd say they're getting the best out of and not performing to a standard then the manager and his staff inevitable fall.

And that's the thing - it's so low, waffling on about xG or other nerd data wont do it. Dyche admitted as much after West Ham.

The reality is - he's absolutely murdered Calvert-Lewin, and isn't able to get anything out of 3 other players they've paid £50m+ for in Beto £30m, Chermiti £15m and Danjuma (assume a few million loan fee?)

Not to mention Harrison who has gone well off the boil, and McNeil has been well below par.

Fingers can be pointed at the players and rightly so, but when so many players are off their game - there's not one player in the final third I'd say they're getting the best out of and not performing to a standard then the manager and his staff inevitable fall.

It’s a lack of cohesion and, to finer point, plan in how we intend to attack. A lot of our attacking play seems off the cuff, rather than a plan to create space and find holes.

Harrison for example, as much as people say as fallen off a cliff, is quite literally left to fend for himself. Rarely he has an overlapping full back, so he is very quickly doubled up on. At Leeds he would have his fullback bombing past him and drawing people out of position that he could exploit.

You alluded to it in a previous post about the amount of goals Dyche teams score; over his entire tenure he average 1.2 goals a game in close to 450 games.

You can tell where his priorities are and the team look far more comfortable off the ball then on it.

I have more belief that we’ll pick up a point at Utd than beating Sheff Utd at home

Dyche's average here: 44 games 52 points in prem 48 scored 64 conceded. 1,18 points per game. Adds up to about 45 points a season. 1.09 goals/1.45 conceded

Burnley: 258 games, 284 points, 249 goals, 364 conceded, 1.1 points per game, adds up to 42 points on average. 0.97 goals/1.41 conceded.

You alluded to it in a previous post about the amount of goals Dyche teams score; over his entire tenure he average 1.2 goals a game in close to 450 games.

You can tell where his priorities are and the team look far more comfortable off the ball then on it.

I have more belief that we’ll pick up a point at Utd than beating Sheff Utd at home

100%. About harrison. From bielsa's style of play to dyche i dont think you could get more of a contrast. The negative mind is that team conceded a whopping 77 goals.

100%. From bielsa's style of play to dyche i dont think you could get more of a contrast. The negative mind is that team conceded a whopping 77 goals.
I am obviously a Bilbao supporter and we never saw better football, we won titles with Dycheball in the 80s. For us Bielsa, is like what Kendall is for Everton fans in a scale of admiring. Let me be honest, I might surprise all of you, but I was happy that Dyche got picked over Bielsa considering where the team was after Lampard. I am sure we would have 10 goals more at least, but also 20 more conceded as you said. He's also stubborn and tactically limited like Dyche, but the other way round, offensively.

I am obviously a Bilbao supporter and we never saw better football, we won titles with Dycheball in the 80s. For us Bielsa, is like what Kendall is for Everton fans in a scale of admiring. Let me be honest, I might surprise all of you, but I was happy that Dyche got picked over Bielsa considering where the team was after Lampard. I am sure we would have 10 goals more at least, but also 20 more conceded as you said. He's also stubborn and tactically limited like Dyche, but the other way round, offensively.

Bielsa didnt like the look of this Everton squad.
You can see why.

at least that would be fun.

What a puzzling game Obviously the result was gutting but I thought we played solid, it demonstrated we can actually pass the ball on the ground and not have to boot everything while just banging in aimless crosses , I know the squad isn't a super a high pedigree but it's not the pack of dregs a lot of fans portray them as. Regardless of the players quality the performances and results are ultimately on dyche, it's his job. The squad is still culpable obviously but dyche needs to figure out some way to make it work I thought for major sections of the game we looked dominant and there was a lapse in focus along with just moments of skill that cost us the game but it does seem to be a pattern that opposing players just add to their highlight reel ,and once again he waited forever to actually implement changed but I liked the style employed and once again weird to be so complimentary with 3-1 loss until the end where they capitalized on all their chances their attack was largely negated.