2023/24 Sean Dyche

No we are in a bad run of form. But it’s unlikely it will carry on forever.
We should stay up this season, fairly comfortably. And that is what everyone wanted at the start of the season.
It’s a cold way of looking at it, but you need to write down what you want at the start of the season, accept you will have ups and downs and try not to get carried away in the slumps.
3 wins at home all season is a bad run??

Ok, like I said; acceptance of failure

Tenth highest wage bill in the league (20th in Europe, above AC Milan, Napoli, Leverkusen, et al) and the sixth highest-paid manager, too.

I'm not going to pretend that it's not a poor situation, but these are by far the most resources that a manager on Dyche's level could ever hope to have access to. He'll be lucky if he doesn't have to drop down a division once he finishes here.

Doesn't really give the full picture when you consider Gomes, Ali and Holgate take home not far off £300k a week between them.

Dele
Holgate
Keane
Gomes
Beto
DCL
Harrison
Coleman
Young

Alot of money in salaries there and all should be gone in the summer.

No, but there aren't many clubs in the bottom half fielding multiple players on £80-100k a week.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Gana, Doucoure and Calver-Lewin are all on serious money.

Shame the goalie is the only one among them who looks like a footballer.

If you dont rate Tarkowski then you probably dont rate many centre backs.

Hes a fantastic defender.

I definitely don’t.

Why are all the top manager not managing at the bottom of all the leagues.

It’s fine saying it, but the reality is any manager on any upward career trajectory isn’t coming here under the present job conditions. It’s fairly simple they will go somewhere where they are well paid, well supported, with no third party points penalty to worry about, that will offer them the best career path - that’s not here at the moment.

I really wanted Moyes at the time, I think Dyche and Moyes are very alike.

Carrick
McKenna
Schumacher

Seem highly rated...

What do you like the best; the ineffective football, one of the lowest goal scorers from open play, the 3 home wins all season or the 11 games without a win?

See if you can answer without saying XG

Six points taken off and good chance more to come. With threadbare unbalanced squad is the realties.
Reckon you and others just rearranging the deck chairs on a ship heading for an iceberg. Given the situation the club is in, don't think their is a better manager to direct us from the iceberg... And once its averted and stability is the norm then we can fiddle about with deckchairs.
And if the worst comes, hopefully with Dyche and core base of players and identity, to get us back up at the first time of asking.

Carrick
McKenna
Schumacher

Seem highly rated...

I think we have a very good manager mate.

But if i didn't and we took a chance on any of those, i think it would be folly, in our current circumstances, i think we are the toughest job in the league and i think they are development managers, which is fine if you have the good governance, structures, budget and support in place and what to commit to a project, i don't think the club is in that place personally.

Dyche is in place what 14 months, we've been ridiculous at sacking managers for 7/8 years - are people just used to sacking manager now and its become the norm......

I always go back to are the problems the club faces of the managers making and its always a resounding no for me.

Well I love all of you's optimism about Dyche as now when we have new owners and we're rid of a lot of dead wages he'll have a warchest and will definitely, DEFINITELY, for the first time in his career, adapt to a situation and get us to play exciting, direct and winning (note: note "pretty" or whatever you think this means, just winning) football and won't go for pensioners and "experienced" tall players who are absolutely tragic.

Can't wait for the new excuses.

Dele
Holgate
Keane
Gomes
Beto
DCL
Harrison
Coleman
Young

Alot of money in salaries there and all should be gone in the summer.
lol lol

Well.

Harrison will probably stay another year if Leeds dont get promoted.
Holgate seems to be trying his very best to tank every loan hes given, so be shocked if we can punt him
Keane is a Dyche favourite
Gomes is out of contract
Beto we havent even paid for
DCL will probably move to a football team
Coleman will probably be given another season cos Everton
Young is a Dyche favourite
And we are exploring giving Dele another contract

So I think out of them all, I can see 2 at most moving on.

lol lol

Well.

Harrison will probably stay another year if Leeds dont get promoted.
Holgate seems to be trying his very best to tank every loan hes given, so be shocked if we can punt him
Keane is a Dyche favourite
Gomes is out of contract
Beto we havent even paid for
DCL will probably move to a football team
Coleman will probably be given another season cos Everton
Young is a Dyche favourite
And we are exploring giving Dele another contract

So I think out of them all, I can see 2 at most moving on.
Isn't Beto on a 4 year contract anyway? Why is he getting written off like that as if there's a plethora of teams waiting for the summer to get him?

Well I love all of you's optimism about Dyche as now when we have new owners and we're rid of a lot of dead wages he'll have a warchest and will definitely, DEFINITELY, for the first time in his career, adapt to a situation and get us to play exciting, direct and winning (note: note "pretty" or whatever you think this means, just winning) football and won't go for pensioners and "experienced" tall players who are absolutely tragic.

Can't wait for the new excuses.

Do you know if we survive this cluster of a season mate, i think that time will come, it did with Moyes, a glass ceiling will be eventually be hit and i think fairer questions could be asked, overall familiarity breeds contempt, i see that a couple of years down the line. I think though if he keeps us up this season and after last he deserves a shot at it. If he does leave in those circumstances he would have done a lot of good here when we are higher he would have done a a lot of good and a good job here.

I go back to Moyes, many will remember cup finals and European nights, but his biggest achievement for me were his first three seasons stablising and rescuing the club - we were in a bad way. That's why id never criticise the man.

Its the simple bench mark of success mate contrasting accepting failure, i hadn't considered perhaps the difference between the clubs is they don't accept failure.
A simple benchmark would be the manager improving his own performance, which he hasn’t and has maintained the same goal per game and points per game return over his 400 professional games in charge

Isn't Beto on a 4 year contract anyway? Why is he getting written off like that as if there's a plethora of teams waiting for the summer to get him?
Zat gets ideas in his head and keeps repeating him.

Beto and DCL will be moved on and replaced with a young Striker
Pickford will be moved on and replaced with a young GK
Keane and Holgate will be moved on......

You get the idea.

Do you know if we survive this cluster of a season mate, i think that time will come, it did with Moyes, a glass ceiling will be eventually be hit and i think fairer questions could be asked, overall familiarity breeds contempt, i see that a couple o years down the line. I think though if he keeps us up this season and after last he deserves a shot at it. If he does leave in those circumstances he would have don't a lot f good here when we are higher he would have done a a lot of good and a good job here.

I go back to Moyes, many will remember cup finals and European nights, but his biggest achievement for me were his first three seasons stablising and rescuing the club - we were in a bad way. That's why id never criticise the man.
Mate, shocking how you've not seen that the glass ceiling has already been hit.

I can confidently answer all of those questions myself just now, as it's Sean Dyche, the most "known quantity" manager in English football.

Moyes hit his glass ceiling a few years in though, "cup finalS" is a funny term for Davey as he's reached a total of 1 with us lol

Zat gets ideas in his head and keeps repeating him.

Beto and DCL will be moved on and replaced with a young Striker
Pickford will be moved on and replaced with a young GK
Keane and Holgate will be moved on......

You get the idea.
Che Adams is still Dyche young and has Everton in his name.

I've never been less excited about a summer of transfers honestly lol