New Everton Stadium Discussion

Cheap substitute for proper trams. Fake trams. It's a no for me.

I'll vote anyone but Rotheram or Tory.

Cheaper, yes
An alternative, yes.

They're not fake. They do have their issues though and I'm not 100% convinced on them, but I think they'll be a better option than just chucking a load of buses down the street on match day.

OK 52k going down that road. Then measure Goodison road and the side roads off, Gwladys St, Bullens Rd and the side roads off, the close proximity of Walton Lane, Priory Rd, County Rd etc. But yes measure wall to wall, there really is no comparison
TL;DR,
OK you win, life is too short to argue in a battle of wit when one of us is clearly unarmed.

a cursory check on GM indicates Regent Road is about 50% (11m v 17m) wider than GS but most of the foot traffic will be going the same way once out of the gates, not the case with GS

The measurements I've just taken were 11 yards for GS and 19-20 yards for Regent. Shows where you take the measurements from matters too.

OK 52k going down that road. Then measure Goodison road and the side roads off, Gwladys St, Bullens Rd and the side roads off, the close proximity of Walton Lane, Priory Rd, County Rd etc. But yes measure wall to wall, there really is no comparison

52k don't just up and leave at the same time. The away fans stay longer in the main, 10% (conservatively) leave early. There will be 6k hospitality folk that probably stay on. I'd imagine 10% of the South Upper (only 600 or so) may stay behind and have a drink and wait for the main rush in the new surroundings.

Then by the time people in the West Side of the North/South stands have walked down all those steps at the corners and then walk the full width of the stand, most in the East and West stand will already have left the fan plaza and be on their way down the road.

At Goodison until you get out on to Walton it is a nightmare (granted for some getting to County Road via the side streets is also okay) as you dodge the oncoming foot traffic as people cross directions. That slows things down and basically narrows the roads to half their size. At BMD it is all flowing out the same way.

I'm not saying it will be better than Goodison, just nowhere near the disaster it's painted out to be. The issues are more likely to be parking and getting away by car, but anyone whose parked around Goodison can also tell you it sometimes takes an hour or more to get out there too.

The measurements I've just taken were 11 yards for GS and 19-20 yards for Regent. Shows where you take the measurements from matters too.

52k don't just up and leave at the same time. The away fans stay longer in the main, 10% (conservatively) leave early. There will be 6k hospitality folk that probably stay on. I'd imagine 10% of the South Upper (only 600 or so) may stay behind and have a drink and wait for the main rush in the new surroundings.

Then by the time people in the West Side of the North/South stands have walked down all those steps at the corners and then walk the full width of the stand, most in the East and West stand will already have left the fan plaza and be on their way down the road.

At Goodison until you get out on to Walton it is a nightmare (granted for some getting to County Road via the side streets is also okay) as you dodge the oncoming foot traffic as people cross directions. That slows things down and basically narrows the roads to half their size. At BMD it is all flowing out the same way.

I'm not saying it will be better than Goodison, just nowhere near the disaster it's painted out to be. The issues are more likely to be parking and getting away by car, but anyone whose parked around Goodison can also tell you it sometimes takes an hour or more to get out there too.
But you can approach Goodison from all directions.

At BMD, well, 1 side is kinda off limits.

We will see in due course

Ad hominem
At least use some latin that you know what it means and can apply it correctly.

Look at Gwladys St at kick out time. Much fewer people than will exit at BMD, but, and this is crucial, those people are going in both directions, people cross each others paths, slow each other down to a stop on some occasions.
Once out of the gate at BMD (you can even choose a gate closer to your chosen destination to reduce the 'collisions' with others) there will be no contraflows. Once out onto Regent road, that road can be saturated or even supersaturated with pedestrians and they keep flowing because they are all going in the same direction. Then once some have walked faster than others, that dissipates the saturation/supersaturation. GS can never get close to saturation. (Comparing the egress flows once you are beyond the pinch points (ie when the flow gets to the side roads at GP) is a nonsense.)
Let me explain this further, imagine a pipe of 100cm diameter, you can push fluid or sand through there (people are just big particles) at quite a rate. Now imagine a pipe half of that diameter, 50cm, and try pushing fluid or sand both ways down this narrow pipe. Which one allows a flow and which one doesnt?

Quod erat demonstrandum

Last edited: