6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don’t think Forest are getting what we got.

2 of their rolling 3 seasons are in the championship where they were compliant and their prem breech was only for a period of 2 months which they then corrected (removing the sporting advantage).

If that’s their defence it could be more like 3 points. It’s not fully clear what their breech was but if Brennan Johnson is their defence and waiting to get a better price could be argued as ‘in the interests of profit and sustainability’.

They’ll still get points taken but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s less than ours.
The rules are what their accounts were on the 30th June 2023, not 2 months later, and their spending limit takes the championship into account. Johnson played in 3 games where they won 4 points into the new season, so sporting advantage is clear. They earned 4 points in those games, and without those points they would have been relegated. The face is they spent massively over their quota. I'd say they are in big trouble.

The rules are what their accounts were on the 30th June 2023, not 3 weeks later, and their spending limit takes the championship into account. Johnson played in 3 games where they won 4 points into the new season, so sporting advantage is clear. They earned 4 points in those games, and without those points they would have been relegated. The face is they spent massively over their quota. I'd say they are in big trouble.
He only was sold this season, so wouldn't have been relegated yet but 4 points worse off (possibly?)

Don't forget the whole today being the day Forest get bummed might very well be a load of bull and it'll be revealed at some random time a few weeks from now despite Sky saying it's within 24 hours every day.

Think the loss will be more than that. Based on the numbers in our appeal a 30-50m loss shouldn’t have put us in breach.

The appeal indicated that there was £40 of the £105 million available. If you assume that there is £30 million allowable that would suggest the loss was at least £70 million although my guess is that would be the lower end

The rules are what their accounts were on the 30th June 2023, not 2 months later, and their spending limit takes the championship into account. Johnson played in 3 games where they won 4 points into the new season, so sporting advantage is clear. They earned 4 points in those games, and without those points they would have been relegated. The face is they spent massively over their quota. I'd say they are in big trouble.
Sporting advantage was clear for us then because we didn't sell the players we didn't sell and played them the following season.

Don't forget the whole today being the day Forest get bummed might very well be a load of bull and it'll be revealed at some random time a few weeks from now despite Sky saying it's within 24 hours every day.
Be great if it was announced today as i'd rather just know where we stand and Forest's deduction directly affects us.

But the only plus side to delays is it makes things uncomfortable for their fans too like it did with ours.

Seems likely it wil be revealed this week with it being the international break but they could be kept waiting until the end of the week too.

• The Club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League's Profit and Sustainability Rules.

...but would they comment if they considered it another example of a chaotic process? Not a chance. 🙄
Maybe not but I suspect you would see further legal action if the Forest penalty was disproportionately less than ours

Sporting advantage was clear for us then because we didn't sell the players we didn't sell and played them the following season.
The real difference is, Forest spent £195M on player transfers 22/23 season, and failed to recoup the spending by not selling before their deadline. Our breach is mainly down to building a stadium and being run by complete morons.

Compare the narrative here compared to the many pieces we had written about us around the time of our original deduction...

Is there a 'but' coming?
Yes. Two, in fact.

The first 'but' is that Forest believe they were only in breach for two months - between filing their accounts on June 30 last year and September 1 when they received the first instalment of their sale of Brennan Johnson to Tottenham.

The dates are significant because Forest - and at least one other Premier League club that we are aware of - believe that the dates for Premier League accounting should be aligned with the transfer window.

And the second 'but' is that Forest believe not only would they have been within FFP and the Premier League's sustainability rules had they sold Johnson in June, but selling Johnson in September was in the 'spirit' of those sustainability rules.

Those arguments seem extremely weak to me.

Compare the narrative here compared to the many pieces we had written about us around the time of our original deduction...

Is there a 'but' coming?
Yes. Two, in fact.

The first 'but' is that Forest believe they were only in breach for two months - between filing their accounts on June 30 last year and September 1 when they received the first instalment of their sale of Brennan Johnson to Tottenham.

The dates are significant because Forest - and at least one other Premier League club that we are aware of - believe that the dates for Premier League accounting should be aligned with the transfer window.

And the second 'but' is that Forest believe not only would they have been within FFP and the Premier League's sustainability rules had they sold Johnson in June, but selling Johnson in September was in the 'spirit' of those sustainability rules.

We may as well say, we would have been compliant if we weren’t building a ew ground and will be when it’s finished.

The real difference is, Forest spent £195M on player transfers 22/23 season, and failed to recoup the spending by not selling before their deadline. Our breach is mainly down to building a stadium and being run by complete morons.
That's fair enough. I think we also did a hell of a lot of terrible spending on players and especially wages, so I don't think it's entirely fair to say ours are different mainly because of the stadium, but surely they also have the complete morons excuse?

I don't think the rules are fair. For Everton or for Forest. It's annoying to see people slating them when we don't even know the facts of the case.

Is there a 'but' coming?
Yes. Two, in fact.

Shagger Silk will be all over this if it works for them. It's in the spirit of the profit and sustainability rules for us to build a new stadium to generate higher income revenue streams 😎👍

Is there a 'but' coming?
Yes. Two, in fact.

You can't only be in breach for two months, in the context of the rules that makes no sense.