2023/24 Sean Dyche

That's not what i said, i said statistically, a higher XG indicates you have a greater chance of winning.
'old man shouts at clouds post incoming'

I tried to get on board with stats, xG and all that
But if you watch the game, it doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.
The forwards arent being coached properly and are desperately low in confidence
The whole way he sets up doesnt lend it's self to scoring
We can't counter to save our lives.

So we might have a decent xG but it's a myth when you look at how Everton play.

Yes, it goes back to my point though of lacking quality anyone with a strategic eye - will tell you how you beat Everton is give us the ball, sit in and you get a result, because we lack quality to break the opposition down, I've just been arguing that for the morning - we sold all our best attacking players and teams know we dont have quality.

It's partly quality, but these were the same guys creating tons of big chances earlier in the season and not converting.

Yes, we've seen that other teams will be more comfortable giving us the ball, but then it's not just quality it's tactics. Creating overloads in attacking areas of the pitch, getting McNeil more central, more players in the box...these are all things Dyche is not comfortable with.

I think there are some teams below us and around us, that have better finishers mate definitely, Archer is getting in our team, Adebayo, Awoniyi, Fofana, Toney as well - not even going there with Chris Wood. lol

I think we've real limits, better then last season but that was an incredibly low base.

I do think we miss 4/5 sitters a game - that a competent forward finishes - at least one - i dont think ive ever seen anything like it.

I dont have a problem with lads questioning tactics, id have a few critiques myself, but i think the view is very narrow - in terms of the manure show at the club.
I can’t even be bothered to look, embarrassing post, but how many goals has maupay compared to them ???
And bar Toney, imagine doing a straight swap with DCL for any of them other forwards last summer, you’d be on he screaming about how braindead our recruitment is

Young Flash has 9 this season and Richarlison 10 (so far), but why cant Everton score goals. lol
I get your point and don't necessarily disagree, but if you could go back and ask our fanbase who they would want sold out of Richy, the rat, and DCL, I think most would tell you they'd keep DCL as he's most likely to score goals. I assume the management felt the same which is why we are where we are.(I would have kept Richarlison if given the choice)
My point being most folks thought DCL would be getting at least some goals, not go missing for 23? matches.

Yes, if it's as successful as it's been with Branthwaite.
More concerned about the squad as a whole really. And. I don't think we can say it's been successful for anyone besides Branthwaite because everyone has regressed. That may point to the fact that Branthwaite is just a superior talent, and maybe Dyche should be a little more involved in trying to get some wins. That's what he is paid 5mil a year for right?

Yes, if it's as successful as it's been with Branthwaite.

Branthwaite is a really talent, he doesn’t need coaching to be good. The rest of the squad is average and NEEDS hands on coaching to get the best out of them. This isn’t just Dyche though, it’s his staff. Look at that last United PL winning squad. You can make average players better.

I get your point and don't necessarily disagree, but if you could go back and ask our fanbase who they would want sold out of Richy, the rat, and DCL, I think most would tell you they'd keep DCL as he's most likely to score goals. I assume the management felt the same which is why we are where we are.(I would have kept Richarlison if given the choice)
My point being most folks thought DCL would be getting at least some goals, not go missing for 23? matches.

Would have kept Richalison and Gordon myself mate. DCL there has always a ceiling in my opinion, hes never really been a great goal scorer and when he did score he always needed a fair few chances and a good supporting cast. The other two could grab a game by the scruff of the neck, or Gordon had the potential he is now proving.

Strikers are the most expensive thing to buy though and as we got him at 1.5 mill back in the day im sure we thought we were clever, not haveing to invest 10s of millions in a new one. Plus i dont know whod sign based on the last three years, wouldnt say there is a big market and if there was it would need to be at a knock down price.

Last edited: