New Everton Stadium Discussion

For those asking about the 'transparent' sections of the cladding on the west stand. Here are some closeups. The 3 panels definitely have a different pattern than the others. This isnt the same on the East stand is it? Something to do with the wind on the riverfront?

The East Stand cladding hasn’t progressed as far towards the middle as the West Stand, it started closer to the end on the east.

So it’s possible it’ll have something similar in the corresponding position.

Indeed, someone posted a render a few pages back to suggest it’ll have these sections also.

The East Stand cladding hasn’t progressed as far towards the middle as the West Stand, it started closer to the end on the east.

Indeed, someone posted a render a few pages back to suggest it’ll have these sections also.
They are up to the same point on both stands (the end of the North), they just started from different points.

As for the change in design, i'm reliably informed that they are whistle holes. On a windy day, it will play Z cars.

They are up to the same point on both stands (the end of the North), they just started from different points.

As for the change in design, i'm reliably informed that they are whistle holes. On a windy day, it will play Z cars.
No, they aren’t at the same point. The west is closer to the middle.

Have a look at some recent videos. Note the seam at the end of the North Stand section on each side to see the difference.

IMG_9973.jpeg

IMG_9974.jpeg

Have a look at some recent videos. Note the seam at the end of the North Stand section on each side to see the difference.

View attachment 250365
View attachment 250366
They’re both at the same point, the West is starting where the East finished.

This is where the north stand finishes and is separate to the east and west stands. They can’t go any further as the East and West do not have the full weight on them yet

View attachment 250365
View attachment 250366

He's right mate, the West is starting in the opposite direction and level to the finished North stand roof. The East cladding runs up to the same point.

The vent is directly in front of a tower on the West, as they progress (which they will be able to as they will have completed the top layer on that stand), we'll see if there will be one in front of the next and so on.

If that pattern continues then I think they could be positioned here on the East:

Screenshot_20240328_191335_Chrome.jpg

This isn't too far away from the marks on the drawing a few pages back:

Screenshot_20240328_192351_Chrome.jpg

They’re both at the same point, the West is starting where the East finished.

This is where the north stand finishes and is separate to the east and west stands. They can’t go any further as the East and West do not have the full weight on them yet

He's right mate, the West is starting in the opposite direction and level to the finished North stand roof. The East cladding runs up to the same point.

I’m not sure I’ve been clear enough here…

I’m saying the west stand cladding has reached further towards the centre of that stand than the east stand has - that’s why it’s reached the point where this unusual vented area is on the west but not yet on the east.

Edit: ah, I think I see it now - looks like I’m wrong! I was looking at the wrong seam for comparison!

Apologies all!