6 + 2 Point Deductions

I've been a critic of Everton and some of the defences but I will say this.

It is fair to Everton, Nottingham Forest, maybe Leicester and perhaps Wolves given how many they sold to not keep the current system until 2024-25 if not 2025-26 IMO and let the chips fall where they may.

That is to say the 3 rolling years form laat season to next, a final assessment in Janaury 2026 or this year to 2025-26 and a final Assessment in January 2027.

While simultaneously introducing the new UEFA led rules once this cycle has been exhausted. To change it midstream seems mad and rather unfair. Illogical.

I would also add, people rightly focus on the big clubs in respect of who it might save but...

Aston Villa. Lead a very charmed life or have in the last few years. Richard Masters as per one site is an Aston Villa fan.

Their starting point for 3 g3ar FFP swings from +£25m perhaps, breakevenish Pre Tax plus FFP costs to £90-95m ie a Pre Tax Loss of-£120m less £25-30m in FFP Allowables.

How convenient if they seek to change the Rules or punishments going into 2024-25. A bit of a challenge to comply to this but surely a larger one in the period ending 2024-25!

Why 17 clubs would vote for it is rather strange given it probably isn't in their direct interest to do so. 14 needed to make a change. I can think of more than 6 who should quite like the current system.

(Fulham seem to have lost -£154m to last h3s4 in the relevant Period vs a limit of -£72m, Bournemouth -£104m once you strip out Exceptional debt Writeoff).

Nottingham Forest Promotion Bonuses not excluded, what happens if you do likewise for Bournemouth and Fulham? Fail?
Just been reading some of your posts on that Bristol City forum.

Why did you say this?

No wonder they failed again. They spent £90-95m on Additions in the Transfer Market last season, some of ir maybe contingent ie triggered on Appearances etc but.. Compare and contrast to Wolves who slammed the breaks in Summer 2023, got selling and continued consolidation in January 2024.

You seem full of it on that forum, but if you're going to criticise Everton for being such villains, you can't just go making things up to suit your argument.

Proud of the players and their work rate today. Proud of the fans, too. Brilliant atmosphere. The grand old lady was rocking.

The media had us dead and buried but I think we'll defy them and the corrupt PL and maintain our great club's top-flight status.
The first half, too right m8. Hopefully Goodison has got it's rocking spirit back...

The 2nd half, I really wish I had your positivity...

I spent most of today's game thinking that neither team should be anywhere near the Premier League. Maybe the answer to these competitiveness issues are along the lines of having a PL1 and PL2, because what I saw today doesn't belong in the same place as the better teams

I spent most of today's game thinking that neither team should be anywhere near the Premier League. Maybe the answer to these competitiveness issues are along the lines of having a PL1 and PL2, because what I saw today doesn't belong in the same place as the better teams
I know what you’re saying, but to me that seems like a massive failure of the league rather than the teams participating in the league. Their anti competition policies and their determination to make a league in which only a few teams can do anything at all has resulted in everyone else having to feed off scraps. There pretty much is 2 leagues already as everyone outside the established 6 is only there to make up the numbers and are treated as such.

well that isnt surprising when financial rules mean that clubs like us have to sell our better players to those better teams to perpetuate the status quo and league within league. Sort the inequality, you sort the competition as a whole.