Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play guys and girls, this thread is great entertainment.

Luton winning right at the end is a bit of a punch in the gut, could feel the mood in the ground deflating as the news spread that they’d won.

But we can only control what happens in our games. 4 points in a week is exactly what we needed. Forest and Brentford are going to be feeling the pressure now, and Palace too if they don't get a few more points on the board in the next couple of weeks.

As things stand, for us to be relegated, all of the following must happen:
- Luton need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 10 goal swing) with 1 game less to play than us
- Forest need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 4 goal swing)
- Brentford need to earn 1 more point than us (or a 3 goal swing) with 1 games less to play than us

After playing 31 games last season, we were out of the relegation zone only on goal difference, and we dropped into the bottom 3 the following week, 4 points off bottom.

Still very much in our hands.

EDIT

- Forest need to earn 5 points more than us (or 4 plus a 6 goal swing) with 1 game less to play than us

Do wonder why the bookies this week have pushed us further out in the market, especially with a potential deduction looming.
We're about 5/1 with most bookies. That's a hedge in my opinion. Brentford and Palace are both 20/1 despite being level on points and only 1 point ahead of us They're expecting another deduction, but a small one I'd say.

One more thought...for all those that say teams like Forest and Luton have goals in them, remember that they also concede a lot of goals (-16 and -20 goal difference), which impacts win/loss/draw. So, they have their own challenges.

We will at least know our deduction, plus all next weeks results before we play again.
Though I'm not actually sure that's a good thing now, as I'm having heart palpitations whilst writing this.

And you Know Chelsea will have an off day and come good next wk..

Status
Not open for further replies.