6 + 2 Point Deductions

A company can't tell anyone auditor what to do. The company prepares the accounts and presents them to the auditors for review. If the auditors disagree they state that the accounts don't show a true and fair view. That is not the case here. If the auditors get that wrong, they could be sued or/and lose the licence.

I don't understand your second point.

I've never seen that audited numbers are the starting point to calculate the Adjusted Earnings Before Tax. You can make that assumption, but the calculation has nothing to do with GAAP so it's meaningless assumption and a meaningless starting point.

You can negotiate with auditors. I did last year. I didn't say you can tell an auditor what to do.

What has changed from last year to this year to allow the capitalization of those costs? If the loan documents have been amended, then it's open and shut in our favor.

If they were not, then we're either in breach of PSR or we're in breach of the loan documents. Both can't be true.

New auditors...doesn't seem like we were getting what we wanted out of the process.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...nials-finance-expert-shares-worrying-verdict/

I've never seen that audited numbers are the starting point to calculate the Adjusted Earnings Before Tax. You can make that assumption, but the calculation has nothing to do with GAAP so it's meaningless assumption and a meaningless starting point.

You can negotiate with auditors. I did last year. I didn't say you can tell an auditor what to do.

What has changed from last year to this year to allow the capitalization of those costs? If the loan documents have been amended, then it's open and shut in our favor.

If they were not, then we're either in breach of PSR or we're in breach of the loan documents. Both can't be true.

New auditors...doesn't seem like we were getting what we wanted out of the process.

Audited accounts are where you get your profit before tax figure.

I dont really understand your argument.

The accounts are the important financial document for any company and are filed publicly at companies House.

The claim that this process is independent in any way was just demolished with that later announcement that the commission would revisit the PL's complaint over stadium spending.

The whole thing is an attempt to take this club down. The whole world sees this now.

….lets not forget, some months ago the Parliamentary Select Committee asked Masters for the minutes of the PL Board Meeting where Everton’s points deduction was discussed. A few weeks later the Select Committee chair received a letter from PL saying ‘we are a private company and not required to provide you with the minutes of Board meetings’

Clearly something to hide, those minutes could be dynamite if they haven’t already been shredded or doctored.

(By the way, it’s great to see you back, Dave.)

Audited accounts are where you get your profit before tax figure.

I dont really understand your argument.

The accounts are the important financial document for any company and are filed publicly at companies House.
My point is that PSR is not a GAAP figure

Giving evidence to the independent commission, Kevin Thelwell, Everton's director of football, said the club was already changing and moving away from its previous business model towards a more sustainable recruitment strategy, but added that "it's a big old ship to turn round".

Screenshot+2023-04-20+at+9.26.17+PM.jpg