Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All clubs should complain and the league to do these points deductions when the season has finished and they should cover every club not just the northern clubs but Chelsea Arsenal Tottenham and the rest and clubs will start that season knowing what they have to do. I do not think the league can cover all the clubs in the same season or maybe not in the closed season but it should be done by a firm of accountants like Price Waterhouse

I think the issue there is they win those three games and it's 34 points straight away.

Would need 7 points from three home games to match that if we assume the other two aways will be lost.

Losing at Luton isn't advisable imo as I think would need to reduce the second points deduction to nothing to be very confident of staying up.

If we win our 3 winnable home games then it’s 36 points straight away.

That is what worries me, we can easily go on an another run without winning till the end of the season..

After 31 games we have 27 points, last season we had 28 and the season previous we had 29. So we are behind the curve slightly... if we didn`t have such a crap manager that went 13 without a win, we`d be clear and home and hosed.
Agree but the same could be said of the deductions. 35 points would be safe and much better than last two seasons

Why do people constantly act as though other teams will go on some mad winning run when they have hardly won. We are slowly getting there, yes we finally won last week, but to go 4months without a win, and still be above bottom 3 and have 2 games in hand, surely gives even those people who seem to always think the worst, some hope - ive said all along we would do it, and the closer we get to the end, the more as i said a bit ago we will stutter our way to the end and be safe
Baffles me. Same last season . Leicester and Leeds were goin to pick up loads of points in their last 4/5 games too.
If you are crap all season you won't just win games near the end.

Why do people constantly act as though other teams will go on some mad winning run when they have hardly won. We are slowly getting there, yes we finally won last week, but to go 4months without a win, and still be above bottom 3 and have 2 games in hand, surely gives even those people who seem to always think the worst, some hope - ive said all along we would do it, and the closer we get to the end, the more as i said a bit ago we will stutter our way to the end and be safe

On the flip side of course;

EVERTON DON'T DO RELEGATION

If we win our 3 winnable home games then it’s 36 points straight away.

Brentford will be tricky I think, 4-5 unbeaten and got plenty of pace on the counter. Think that will be a 1-1. Agree the other two will have to be won and that will really put Forest in it given one of their remaining home games is v Man. City.

sunderland 2013/2014 is seen as one of the greatest escapes in premier league history

they had only won 3 home games by gameweek 34

they then won back to back home games against cardiff and west brom and survived

luton could easily pull off back to back home wins and make a great escape
They could. How many teams over the years did not pull off a great escape though.
We have 4 home games. We could do the same.
Luton won't pass 32 points . Up to us to get more .

Status
Not open for further replies.