Spending cap at last

Think its a short to bankruptcy/administration for many clubs who are over ambitious.
Or just ambitions at all to be fair. It will 100% not punish the biggest culprits anyway, fully expect a "3 designated players" on "max contracts" or something introduced too, so they can keep paying insane money to the select best.

So the last knowncomplete season earnings for TV is 22/23.

The lowest earners where Southampton with 128.2m.

X4 multiple is 512.8.

Man City current wage bill is around 190m a season. They'll still be able to spend over 300m a season on transfers if they want.

All the scare stories that this cap will weaken the PL as a brand is nonsense. The super rich will still be able to spend at will.

A 3x multiple would have been better but that would limit Chelsea to just 2 signings a year, bless them.

The important cap for the leading clubs is the UEFA one, which is set at 70% of revenue, but I think they have a couple more seasons to achieve that. (I don't know for sure because we're not threatening European Footy anytime soon)
Talking of Chelsea did I hear correctly this morning on Talk.... A Chelsea player signed for £80m 8yr contract £100k per week not even a first team regular?

Talking of Chelsea did I hear correctly this morning on Talk.... A Chelsea player signed for £80m 8yr contract £100k per week not even a first team regular?
I think Winston Bogarde was reported as earning £70K pw at Chelsea back in 02/03 or thereabouts. He was the lid who had about half a dozen games in 5 years or something daft.

Salary cap? If its percentage of turnover not really levelling the playing field.

Even if a flat level cap, I'm sure we'll see interesting club brokered sponsorship deals, image rights deals, and other creative ways to chuck cash at players.

I didnt realise it was a multiple.

So from summer 2025 the floodgates on spending will open.

This means until then clubs wont want to risk breaking the existing rules and points deductions.

For us then, surely we keep Branthwaite another 12months to sell for a far bigger fee?

So the last knowncomplete season earnings for TV is 22/23.

The lowest earners where Southampton with 128.2m.

X4 multiple is 512.8.

Man City current wage bill is around 190m a season. They'll still be able to spend over 300m a season on transfers if they want.

All the scare stories that this cap will weaken the PL as a brand is nonsense. The super rich will still be able to spend at will.

A 3x multiple would have been better but that would limit Chelsea to just 2 signings a year, bless them.

The important cap for the leading clubs is the UEFA one, which is set at 70% of revenue, but I think they have a couple more seasons to achieve that. (I don't know for sure because we're not threatening European Footy anytime soon)
There is no rule that dosent benifit the rich apart from a hard cap on spending and there's no hope of that as it would handicap English teams in Europe.

I didnt realise it was a multiple.

So from summer 2025 the floodgates on spending will open.

This means until then clubs wont want to risk breaking the existing rules and points deductions.

For us then, surely we keep Branthwaite another 12months to sell for a far bigger fee?
Isn't this what Forest claimed they did?

The net effect;
1 City have all charges dropped and continue to spend what they like.
2. RS guaranteed no negative VAR calls and 5 more penalties a season.
3. Everton deducted 6 points for…..details to follow.
4. Palace to occupy 14th place for the next 200 years.