Young players that leave Everton .

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
I see a lot of comment about Everton releasing talented youngsters who are not given a chance by the manager.

I would be interested to see if posters could put to-gether a team of players sold or released by Everton before their 21st Birthday.
Rooney should be excluded as he was sold for 27m and forced the move to Utd.Rodwell I think was more than 21 when sold.

Neither Rooney or Rodwell were realeased. They were sold to keep the club in business in one case and to fund other moves in the other.

Of those realeased for free or nominals not one single player has ever proved the managers judgement wrong.

It's a bit worrying to me that we have produced some decent players for the first team but below that they all seem to be at league two level or dissappear from the game. There doesn't seem to be any inbetweeners.

Our 2008 Youth Cup team -

Roberts; McArdle, Barnett, Duffy, Bidwell; McCready, Akpan, Wallace, Craig; Codling, McAleny.
Subs not used: Nsiala, Kinsella, Sheppard, Powell, Krenn

Our 2004 Youth Cup Team -

Gallagher; Wynne (101' S Wright), Wilson, Boyle, Hughes {c}; Harris (97' Vidarsson), Fowler (65' Anichebe), Phelan; Hopkins, Vaughan, Seargeant.
Subs not used: Lake, Kissock.

Why? neither was even at the club in an official capacity. Both trained with us and probably five or six other clubs. It's common in youth football. They were never really ours to let go.

I know, I'm just playing along with the game.

I have a back four of fox, Baines, jags, Maldini

A midfield of Kenny, Mcmahon, JP Kissock

And a strikeforce of Branch, Cadametri, Messi

So from 2004 we have ONE premier league player in Anichebe who still plays for us...
From 2008 we have Duffy who still at Everton...

Everyone else??? To me that says it all....

So from 2004 we have ONE premier league player in Anichebe who still plays for us...
From 2008 we have Duffy who still at Everton...

Everyone else??? To me that says it all....

Yep, thanks for doing the research. I'm with you mate, I think that proves conclusively that we're dreadful at developing youth players. Moyes out, like you say.

Seriously, they have been released for a reason. The coaches watch them on a daily basis.

If one of the released players has a successful career, fair play to them. But, maybe that rejection was the spark for them to ignite the passion to be a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.