Young players that leave Everton .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bidwell and McAleny are still there,

true but I mean players with 1st team premier league experience... I suppose you could say Mcaleny as played in the premier league... But I mean players to be released who go on to "bite us on the arse" and tbh I cant think of any player to do that in recent years...

Yep, thanks for doing the research. I'm with you mate, I think that proves conclusively that we're dreadful at developing youth players. Moyes out, like you say.

You think we're good at youth development? The England team is far from good at the moment, yet we've only produced Rooney and Rodwell that have played for the full side during Moyes tenure. We're much better at buying older players from the lower leagues (Cahill, Lescott, Baines, Jags to name some) and polishing them than we are turning young players into international quality players.

Not saying we need to sack Moyes because I'm a big Moyes fan, but if we could improve that ratio it would help. Even if we produced more squad player types ala Osman and Hibbert it'd give us more depth.

Of course this isn't just an issue with Everton, as few sides seem good at turning youngsters into top players, but I don't care about the others as much as I do us. Given our financial constraints it'd be a big boost, both in terms of who we could sell and who could maybe help us progress.

Not premier league players though. Out of the two teams there are precisely two players to ever started a game in the premier league or another league at equivalent level.

You can see why Pistolpov is so fanatically anti moyes, like.

Hey??? I am far from Anti Moyes...

Im just saying the players released have been released for a reason...

For me "English youth" talent is few and far between. You just have to look at the England team/squad yesterday. If Cleverley is the best we have to offer then unfortunatley this for me is the whole youth system in general, not Everton and certainly not Moyes....

We have produced players and made alot of money from them to name a few, Ball, Jeffers, Rooney and Rodwell.... how much there about 55 million

For God's sake, this again ?

Nobody is saying that we should have been giving the likes of Baxter and bloody Orenuga games constantly. The issue is that everybody i've spoken to who has watched Barkley for a good amount of time says that he's clearly a cut above the rest of our academy boys. Nobody is saying that we need to have a different kid playing every game, just that those who clearly have the ability should get more of a chance.

If they were good enough they would still be here it's that simple. At any club out of the waves of youth players only a handful ever really make the grade. Man Utd's golden generation was a rarity not many clubs will produce 6 or 7 players at the same time who are able to step into the first team and become mainstays for the team.

Go back before Moyes how many of our youth came through? Unsworth, Ebbrell, Ball maybe Dunne and Jeffers(although we got a great deal for him) are probably the only one who sustained a first team place, branch, barlow, cadermarteri, chadwick, kissock, schumacher all had game time but ultimately weren't good enough and let go.

Give youth a chance of course but not just for the sake of it they have to be good enough to warrant playing first team football. It's just a pity that for so long reserve team football has been so poor that it doesn't really aid development much.

I like Moyes and I think he has a good eye for a player. Some just don't work out and it can come from having the wrong type of personality on a daily basis. This might not show for a while so gets passed on a trial.

However, where I do think he has a problem is in undervaluing player confidence. Confidence is a massive part of any professional's game (look at Andy Murray). I think where Moyes is poor is that he doesn't give youngsters their head enough. Barclay being rammed back from the first team last year must have been a right downer for him, whether the right thing to do or not. In my opinion he should have been given another go, every now and then, to let him know he was valued.

I see a lot of comment about Everton releasing talented youngsters who are not given a chance by the manager.

I would be interested to see if posters could put to-gether a team of players sold or released by Everton before their 21st Birthday.
Rooney should be excluded as he was sold for 27m and forced the move to Utd.Rodwell I think was more than 21 when sold.

rooney wasnt forced to leave he made it clear he wanted to join united even in his new book he says ferguson was tapping him up even at a very young age ringing his parents to see how he was getting on and fair play to him infact think rooney tranfer money prob saved us at the time as we badly need money

bar rodwell and rooney both young players we got good money for there isnt many if any young players we have let go that have gone on to prove us wrong by letting them go sure few play at lower level but not many have come bk to hurt us so all in all think we get it right with players to let go and players to hold on to!

Of those realeased for free or nominals not one single player has ever proved the managers judgement wrong.
John Ruddy's the only one I can think of. Now a Premier League #1 and occasional England squad member. I think the next best contender is Danny Fox, who might have been a half-decent back-up to Baines if kept. It's not like we'd have needed him very often, though.

After that it gets really hard to point the finger at Moyes. Was that Keith Southern released by Moyes? I suppose he could've done a job when Li Tie got injured.

Our 2004 Youth Cup Team -

Gallagher; Wynne (101' S Wright), Wilson, Boyle, Hughes {c}; Harris (97' Vidarsson), Fowler (65' Anichebe), Phelan; Hopkins, Vaughan, Seargeant.
Subs not used: Lake, Kissock.

Hahhaha where is that guy nowadays? I remember all the hype surrounding Kissock

John Ruddy's the only one I can think of. Now a Premier League #1 and occasional England squad member. I think the next best contender is Danny Fox, who might have been a half-decent back-up to Baines if kept. It's not like we'd have needed him very often, though.

After that it gets really hard to point the finger at Moyes. Was that Keith Southern released by Moyes? I suppose he could've done a job when Li Tie got injured.

Agree, forgot about Ruddy. He's a better goalie than howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.