Everton vs QPR. FA Cup 3rd Round 4th Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
What baffled me was bringing Heitinga on. Did it serve any purpose at all other than to cup tie him?

I think he's got a move abroad lined up so it doesn't matter, and it was just a touch of class from the manager to give a player who has served the club for nearly five years a chance to say goodbye.

I can't help it, I want a team of footballers. For that reason it was wonderful to watch Stones & Alcaraz in action today, two classy players showing Jags & Distin how modern defenders should play.

Credit to Jags he's come on leaps and bounds this season, and backs to the wall you want him & Distin clearing everything but the two today were magnificient. Robles barely had a save to make. Between them they made about 2 mistakes both down to sloppiness on the ball.

I don't think I'd drop them

I think he's got a move abroad lined up so it doesn't matter, and it was just a touch of class from the manager to give a player who has served the club for nearly five years a chance to say goodbye.
Top post again. I agree, was nice for the crowd to give him a send-off.

He can't get in ahead of Distin, Jags, Stones or Alcaraz and DM/RB are both well covered and not his best positions. It's best for all concerned to move on but I don't think any of us bear him any ill will.

Good luck JH.

I can't help it, I want a team of footballers. For that reason it was wonderful to watch Stones & Alcaraz in action today, two classy players showing Jags & Distin how modern defenders should play.

Credit to Jags he's come on leaps and bounds this season, and backs to the wall you want him & Distin clearing everything but the two today were magnificient. Robles barely had a save to make. Between them they made about 2 mistakes both down to sloppiness on the ball.

I don't think I'd drop them

Look at the opposition though: Stoke and QPR.

I know who I'd want in against better opposition than that.

Haha, the defending for that second from Jelavic is utterly atrocious.

Great finishes from the three scorers though. Good confidence boosting win, that.

Now let's smash Norwich and get the league form back.

Maybe the commentators big umbrella thing was just a manly show of admiration for our livley leprechaun-some sort of euphemism associated to the size of his appendage. Making out he must be packing a big set to be banging them in like that.

Seamus the Sligo Slotter - get in !

Status
Not open for further replies.