New Everton Stadium Discussion

Newsham Park, perhaps?

It's only at the other end of Priory Road/Lower Breck Road, not far at all. Walton Hall Park would be closer obviously.

Newsham Park, perhaps?

It's only at the other end of Priory Road/Lower Breck Road, not far at all. Walton Hall Park would be closer obviously.
Newsham Park is listed, so there'd be an outcry there. Loads of brownfield space available near there in the Green Lane/Prescot Road area.

I've been wondering this also.

TV money is increasing by what amount per season? we've announced it will be used on the infrastructure and future of the club rather than on players, the announced improvements to finch farm will only eat up 5-8m a year for a few years to build, leaves a hell of a lot of extra income with apparently no place to go?

TV money is increasing by what amount per season? we've announced it will be used on the infrastructure and future of the club rather than on players, the announced improvements to finch farm will only eat up 5-8m a year for a few years to build, leaves a hell of a lot of extra income with apparently no place to go?

Enough to build a 200m stadium

Hahahahahahahaha Kenwright and Co spending 200m+ on a new ground

Are we not getting ahead of ourselves here?

I’m sure that reasonably shortly there’ll be a discussion and a debate taking place between ourselves and people of the city about something that we’ve been working on.

Is it a stadium that will be announced, or a debate about a stadium that will be announced?

A debate on whether they should debate having a debate about a stadium
At least it's not about whether we should debate that. Then again, this thread is basically a discussion about the debate of whether to discuss a new stadium. And given that description, I'm wondering what I've done with my life.

But then I think of Seamus' smiling face, and remember that I follow a dead boss club that plays the beautiful game the right way, and that the fit birds are gonna like soon enough, when they give up their fandom-in-name-only of Arsenal.

Is the City of Liverpool going to put up a bond to build one club a stadium and not the other? If so, will both clubs get equal value on the bonds? It's not really a good idea for US localities and not optimistic it would work in Liverpool.

I remember seeing the proposal for Walton Hall Park on the KEIOC website years ago, it made sense to me to put it there, on the understanding that the current Goodison Park site was turned into a park, so the city didn't just lose a park.

On that proposal there was a Supermarket as the enabling partner ( sainsburys I think).

In general I would be interested in reading the proposal, just to see what it is.

However I am one of those who was in favour of The Kings Dock and Destination Kirkby. :)