Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure myself. One thing from the echo article yesterday though -

" The ECHO understands the incident could actually have been worse, with the starlet - who only signed a new five-year deal just over a fortnight ago - narrowly avoiding an injury that could have wrecked the first half of his campaign."

Which would lead me to believe early indications are that it isn't as serious as it could have been & Martinez's comments today was just a vague response to questioning regarding the injury.

Or they initially thought it was bad but then that he had got lucky but now realize they where right the first time.

Who knows?

Have you seen the tackle? If not (which I highly suspect) then pipe down, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

...do we know it was a tackle? The pitches at FF are so firm that his knee might have buckled as he twisted. A ligament knock can be quited innocent, straight leg with foot on the ground having slight contact with somebody coming in from the side. If I was critical, the pitches today have very little give.

Yeah suppose we'll never know mate, absolutely gutting it's happened we always have long term injuries I said early wouldn't be surprised if the lads career is affected later on ala torres, at 20 to have already sustained a bad leg break and knee ligament damage it's a question of how much more can his body take?

Yea that's what's depressing me the most. We can cope and live with out him even for a season. Sure it will definitely effect us and we all know that but it's the long term consequences that could be an even bigger issue. e.g. Will he loose that yard of pace that gets him away from players?

We just can't know at this point so all in all it's pretty shitty.

...do we know it was a tackle? The pitches at FF are so firm that his knee might have buckled as he twisted. A ligament knock can be quited innocent, straight leg with foot on the ground having slight contact with somebody coming in from the side. If I was critical, the pitches today have very little give.

Roberto called it an innocuous challenge. Obviously the lad who said it was a red card challenge on here, knows better. LOL.

I don't know why everyone is so down beat. Martinez will bring in players. Losing Barkley is a loss, but we've got enough quality to push this season..

Roberto called it an innocuous challenge. Obviously the lad who said it was a red card challenge on here, knows better. LOL.

And would you expect a manager to come out and berate his own player in the media if it was indeed a poor challenge? LOL nah me neither lad no one knows what happened I said that as much so in the immortal words of mythbuster: 'pipe down'

What a kick in the teeth that is after today's result.

Pre season excitement gone.

Top 4 tough call now , FA Cup or Europa all the way now.

Hes so unlucky in that another training session has put him out for some time. That Wisdom tackle in similar circumstances broke his leg in three places....and he came back. Lets hope the next scan shows its not as bad as feared....and that the lad gets through it again. I know ligaments are more complex and cant be pinned but lets think positive for him. ...... Opens litre of Grouse...staring into space.

Status
Not open for further replies.