Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
""He was very unfortunate to sustain the injury through an innocuous challenge in training and now he's going to be out for a long, long time" - from BBC

he's proper [Poor language removed]

""He was very unfortunate to sustain the injury through an innocuous challenge in training and now he's going to be out for a long, long time" - from BBC

he's proper [Poor language removed]

8 weeks is a long time though.

Everyone wants a diagnosis now. When there isnt one. Definitively

That interview is blatantly him putting a positive spin on it, he's proper [Poor language removed] isn't he

'make sure that when he comes back, he’s fit and ready for what is left in the season'

that does not sound good at all, sounds very long term

Yea that's what it sounds like to me too.

Martinez is saying partial tear. I dont know if that's best case scenario at this stage until they get a clear scan. Could be ruptured.

Not too sure myself. One thing from the echo article yesterday though -

" The ECHO understands the incident could actually have been worse, with the starlet - who only signed a new five-year deal just over a fortnight ago - narrowly avoiding an injury that could have wrecked the first half of his campaign."

Which would lead me to believe early indications are that it isn't as serious as it could have been & Martinez's comments today was just a vague response to questioning regarding the injury.

You've literally just put our bid for the top 4 on one player. Not only that but that one player who will likely to miss around 15 prem games.

As good as Barkley is, we are not heavily reliant on him. Certainly not in the demands you're shouting about here. We do need to replace him, you're right about that.

We're not a one man team but any team in the top 6 would struggle if they lost on of their better players and didn't replace him. Look what happened when Arsenal lost Ramsey or Utd RVP or City Aguero. Hell even further down West Ham when they lost Carol.

It's a huge lost and tbf getting top 4 was always going to be a big ask but now it's practically all but gone unless we get someone like Remy or Bony.

I'm more just gutted because I was really looking forward to seeing him come on and improve and get even better.

Martinez is one positive mother fumbler, he'd put inches on your [Poor language removed] for you, and I reckon he's prone to giving the best case scenario, which is worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.